How to shop your grocery store

Options
After reading a quick article in a book I picked up last night I thought it was worth sharing and I'd like to ellaborate on. It gave me a new perspective when shopping at the grocery store. These are the 3 most very useful pointers that will stick with me for my future grocery trips.

1) Start in the Produce department ~ This guarantees that you'll put some fruits and vegetables into your cart. Two foods that should be routine are berries and avacados. One provides healthy fats that unclog arteries, and the other offers heart-healthy antioxidants that bring big flavor to oatmean and whole grain cereal.

2) Work the periphery of the store ~ Once the bottom of your cart is sufficiently layered with produce, take a full lap around the edges of the store. That is where you'll find the minimal
ly processed foods - eggs, chicken, fish, cheese, greek yogurt and low-fat milk.

3) Balance your meals ~ With lean protein, dairy and produce accounted for, examine your cart and decide which packaged foods you need for complete balanced meals. If you have chicken, then you might grab whole wheat pasta and marinara. For your avacado, maybe pick up low-sodium black beans and whole grain tortillas.

Look at your grocery store with health conscience eyes.

There you go ladies, I hope this is as useful for you as it was for me.

End The Trend, Beauties!!!!

Replies

• Sharlene113
    Sharlene113 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Great ideas! Thanks!
  • DeniseNichole76
    DeniseNichole76 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I put this idea into action last night at the grocery store and am amazed how much more fullfilled I was with my shopping trip. xo