Introductions

Options
Victoria2448
Victoria2448 Posts: 559 Member
Please introduce yourself!

What are your goals, struggles and triumphs?

Replies

• Victoria2448
    Victoria2448 Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Here’s my story:

A major accident, when I was 18, left me in a wheelchair for 2 months, crutches and a leg cast for 9 months. The diagnosis: compound fracture of my tibia and fibula, repaired with external pins. I totally tore my ACL and damaged all but my PCL ligament. My leg was so badly fractured, they could not see that I had ligament damage. .Therefore they were not repaired. Weightlifting was a MUST to rehab the withered muscles of my leg, and to keep my knee stable without the help of most of my ligaments. Physical Therapy was a tough, long road. I could not lift 1 pound, with that leg. It took me many years to get back the strength and size.

A couple of years later I endured a hairline fracture of that same knee. More PT! After I had my daughter I had a severe tear of my meniscus, that caused my knee to lock. Another surgery and more physical therapy.

I am also no stranger to shoulder injuries. When gorge climbing with friends, I slipped and fell about 50 feet. Luckily, a small tree and rock stopped my fall, but my shoulder was ripped out of the socket. I had torn ligaments and my labrum. Major surgery in '95 repaired it, titanium screws to patch me up. Unfortunately, after being immobilized for 6 weeks, I developed adhesive encapsulitus- Scar tissue resulting in a frozen shoulder. PT of course followed, I had to painfully break through the scar tissue. I persevered and made it through!

Through all this, I was able to stay in decent shape, but never quite the body I had before children. I tried everything! Even working with a personal trainer as she "spoon-fed" me workouts and nutrition. Then this summer I gained weight, was tired,bloated and thought I would never have my body" back.

Then I finally decided to try P90X. I really didn't think it would work, but it was my last hope. BOY was I WRONG!

I lost an amazing 19 lbs in my first round of P90X, and many inches! 4 inches off my waist alone! My bodyfat dropped 10%! This astounded me because I am a slow loser and always have been. I did all this during the holiday season, without giving up my favorite treats, eating out, enjoying a fine wine etc.

In 6 months I went from a fat frumpy middle average middle aged Mom to a ripped, muscular and lean woman. If I can do it...you can to!

That was over 3 years ago.. I have since completed 7 rounds of P90X, A few rounds of Insanity and Asylum, Brazil Butt Lift, Chalean Extreme, Some TurboJam,Turbofire, Rockin' Body,Hip Hop Abs, TMT, YBB, Tony One on Ones...and now BODY BEAST!
  • 3LittleMonkeyMom
    Options
    Hi! I'm Jeri, I don't have much of a story but...here we go...
    I've been overweight for pretty much my whole life. I have around 50+ pounds left to lose- maybe more. I just don't know. I have never been small. My lowest weight ever was 170...and I thought I looked AWESOME then at a size 12/14. I have a ways to go to get back there
    .Anyway...I have 3 super amazing wonder kids, and an awesome husband. (We also have 3 spoiled rotten dogs and a "princess" cat) I would not trade how blessed I am with all of this love and joy for anything. :) That's why I'm working so hard to shed this fat. I want to be around to enjoy my family for many years to come. I was (thisclose) to having lap band surgery a few years ago...and I'm glad I didn't go through with it. I need to do this...just me.

Have a wonderful day!!

Jeri

ETA: I am finishing Chalean Extreme this week and will start a CLX/TurboFire hybrid this month. Between, I'm going to do the 5 day inferno plan with Turbo Fire.
  • korsicash
    korsicash Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Hi group I'm Sarah!
    When I was 12 I was frumpy and uncomfortable with myself. I started bike riding and barely eating. Then I became a cheerleader and the ED was born. I would eat in a week what normal people ate in two days. I was very underweight for my height and bone structure. This lasted until I was 19. My thyroid shut down and a genetic liver condition that should not effect me for many more years started in. This all happened more than likely to diet pill abuse and anorexia. I gained over 60 pounds in a matter of months. I then gave up on myself completely. I didn't even try to be honest.
    At 27 I had my first child. The Drs had all told me due to my health issues I would never have a baby. Due to my health issues he should up as a negative blood test till I was 7.5 months along. I lost weight while pregnant and was quit ill.
    At 29 as the liver condition worsened, my pancreas started acting up more and more I decided if I wanted to be there for my kid I needed to drop weight. I have no idea how much above 200 lbs I was when I started. It took me a year and I got down to 148. This summer I have fluctuated between 148 and 158. I have to eat like I have a glucose intolerance and spend most days like I am in arthritis like pain.
    I finally stopped giving up on me. I am doing insanity and while I am sore I would be any way at least I am sore and getting healthy. My hardest thing right now is my ED. I find I feel horrible guilt when I eat because food made me fat. I have to talk myself through needing fuel. I also have talk myself out of binging when I am having a bad day.
    I am proud every day of how far I have come. I went from a size 14 to sometime an 18 and 1x top to now I am a 7 to a 10 depending on cut and a medium to a large top. I am hoping through insanity to get stronger and rev up that slow metabolism and knowing I need fuel for that intense workout is helping with the food.
    Victoria has been awesome! answers questions so fast and when there is a weird question she helps find the answer! Thank you Victoria for being an awesome supporter!
  • littlewitch1973
    Options
    Hi group!

I'm Simone, from Upstate NY. :smile:

I am a single mom of 3 kids - an 8 year old with Celiacs Disease, an 11 year old high functioning Autistic, and a 16 year old "Princess", my daughter. I work full time, go to college full time, and also volunteer for the local Autism chapter and an animal rescue group.

Needless to say, a sedentary job (I sit at a desk for 8-10 hours a day), college demands (online for full time) and crazy hours for various activities meant I made terrible eating choices for years. I ate a lot of fast foods, carbs, and sugar. I never worked out, and by January of 2011, I could barely walk. I weighed in at 400.8 pounds on March 21st, 2011 - the day I decided to change my life.

Yes, I had a bariatric surgery - I could barely walk, standing for more than 10-15 minutes would cause pain in my hips and back. Walking more than 500 feet was excuciating. Grocery shopping was even difficult. In September of 2011, I had surgery. I dont view this as a choice, but more of a necessity. To date, I have lost over 150 pounds. I can now do Insanity, speed walk a 5K (and jog). I am in my first round of Insanity, adding in Brazillian Butt Lift some days where needed, and still lifting at the gym 3-4 days a week.

My eating has completely changed as well. Carbs are mostly gone from my diet, and I eat cleaner than I ever have. The food choices I make now are based on nutrition and not "want". I do still have that cookie here and there (I'm not perfect) but now have the ability to stop at one.

I actually look forward to working out now, and hope to meet people who share my enthusiasm for finding and learning new things...
  • Slove009
    Slove009 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Hello All!

My name is Stacy. I had originally gained a lot of weight when I had an accident playing sports. I lost all of the weight years ago, but once I started working a desk job I gained 20lbs back. I'm looking to get rid of 15 of them and keep it off, which has been difficult due to the fact I love food that is horrible for me... I'm trying to build a good workout routine that I can keep up with, while making healthier lifestyle choices.
  • mslisatm
    mslisatm Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am Lisa, 43 and live on an island in Maine. I have always been a little chunky and even downright obese (got up to 215 THEN got pregnant!) I am now down to 170ish. I love to work out, I love to exercise and do things in a fun way. I just have very little time for it with kids and a busy work and social life. I really decided enough is enough. I need to get fit and strong. Numbers aren't all that important to me, although I would love to be in the 150s. I have been working out 5x a week either at the gym or at home with my rowing machine and free weights. I have been making a commitment to clean eating too. I LOVE to eat and have found clean eating to be the best way to enjoy a variety of foods in a healthful and delicious way. I have found tracking my eating to be fun and a great way to stay accountable to myself. Still, there are days I DONT log...hehehe. I love my curves but I just want stronger ones. I love dancing, rowing and being outside. One of my goals is to compete in one of those 5k mud run/obstacle course races next year. I think they would be fun and great motivation to train for! I have been interested in the beach body workouts I just don't know if I have the time for them right now.

Lisa