newbie to this!

Hi Yall!

Just want to make sure I understand this correctly. Im brand new, today will be my first day of training! so is this what my week should be looking like?

Mon- workout a
Wed- workout b
Fri-workout A

and so on?

and then is this what my actual day is going to be? vvv
Monday would be workout A
so if i look at the chart, would i be doing exercise A workouts 1,2 exercise b1 workouts 1,2 b2 workouts 1,2 c1 workouts 1,2 c2 workouts 1,2?

im just confused im looking at the chart for Workout Plan A, and it has all these different steps as noted above. Am i doing every single workout 1-8 today, or is today just the workouts that fall under 1,2 then the next time i do workout A im doing 1,2 then the third time im doing 3,4?

im so bad at explaining stuff but hopefully someone reads this and understands what im talking about haha <3

Replies

• SteAnnMui
    SteAnnMui Posts: 129 Member
    Yup, that is right! Alternate A and B workouts :)

Your Monday will look like this (after warming up):
    Squat 15 times, rest 60 seconds, squat 15 times
    15 push ups, rest 60 seconds, 15 seated rows, rest 60 seconds
    15 push ups, rest 60 seconds, 15 seated rows, rest 60 seconds
    15 step ups per leg, rest 60 seconds, 8 prone jackknives, rest 60 seconds
    15 step ups per leg, rest 60 seconds, 8 prone jackknives, rest 60 seconds
    Then you do your AMRAP bonus.

You do it this way for the first two A workouts then the amount of reps change.
  • SteAnnMui
    SteAnnMui Posts: 129 Member
    Trying to explain a little better, you will 8 A workouts and 8 B workouts (alternating them).

When you see that A or B workout has exercise a, b1, b2, c1, c2 it means do all the a sets, then alternate the b sets and alternate the c sets as I've shown above on how your workout today will look.

The amount of reps and sometimes sets will change every two A and every two B workouts. The first two times you do A or B you will probably doing 15 reps in 2 sets for most of the exercises but the prone jackknive and the swiss ball crunch, the next two times you do each workout it will be 12 and 2, then 10 and 3, and finally 8 and 3.

It is a little confusing at first, but you'll get the hang of it and get into the routine :) Stage 2 is more straightforward.
  • look here : http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/540332-stage-1-new-and-confused-even-at-this-early-stage-please

and go here to get the spreadsheets:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmBawuhJvld5dFBNQnRfMUNtU3F4TXc4YmdpWWQyRnc#gid=0

hope this works.. I just started the program last week!
    friend me if ya like!!
    Good luck.