Options
ackeebee
ackeebee Posts: 1,042 Member
anyone else a fan? had 2 over the weekend and loving them

Replies

• nativedawta
    nativedawta Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    The key ingredient in my green smoothies is callaloo. Oranges add a sweet flavor and makes it easy to drink.
  • ackeebee
    Options
    i bought some oranges last week but havent tried them in my smoothie yet. will try it this weekend. i have only been making these smoothies for the past 2 weeks (on weekends only).

so far the only veg i have used is kale. bought a big bag and it is taking forever to finish! next on my list is romaine lettuce and spinach. in terms of fruits, so far only used banana, apples and strawberries. looking forward to experiment with even more. of all the ones i have made my favourite is the one with one cup kale, one royal gala apple, one banana and one cup of water. so tasty.

please feel free to share your recipes here as i am also looking for some inspiration.
  • ackeebee
    Options
    The key ingredient in my green smoothies is callaloo. Oranges add a sweet flavor and makes it easy to drink.

next time i am in JA i will try callaloo in one. i only see tin callaloo where i live
  • nativedawta
    nativedawta Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    We live in maryland, usa. My mom grows it in the back yard, so there's always plenty around. Love it!
  • ackeebee
    Options
    Didn't manage to have a green smoothie yesterday but made one for lunch today. Ingredients were kale, romaine lettuce, strawberries, blueberries and banana. It was very tasty. This was actually the first one I made which wasn't actually green in colour.....the blueberries really did take over. It could have been sweeter but it was oh so refreshing.
  • chrisja
    chrisja Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I am in love with green juices too...haven't had one yet that I haven't liked. Had Granny Smith apples in one today for the first time and now I know which apples I will be buying from now on. It gives it a more refreshing taste and cuts some of the strong spinach flavour.

There is no such thing as a recipe when it comes to this as far as I am concerned. I just keep experimenting. Not sure if I have had the same exact one twice yet for the past 2 1/2 weeks that I have been doing it...lol
  • ackeebee
    Options
    lol glad to hear i am not the only one loving the smoothies
  • chrisja
    chrisja Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Are you still having green juices? I have one every morning. Actually I want to increase to 2 a day but haven't done so yet. I feel so much better for drinking them and I know I am getting in more than enough veggies for the day.
  • ackeebee
    Options
    The last time I had one was Saturday. It included lettuce, blueberries, juice of one orange and a kiwi. I only have them on weekends or during holidays when I am home and most times I use them as a snack and not to subsitute for a meal.
    Which one are you having today?