New and Looking for Support

Hello all!

My name is Tanya I live in the Bronx in NYC. I am a mother to 4 gorgeous children. I have been heavy since I was about 12 s I have gotten older and had children I want to lose about 100 pounds. I have a fairly visible career and will be doing a TEDx talk in February by which I want to have lost at least 20-25 pounds. I just committed myself to this and MFP has helped so much! I have lost three pounds in a month and I don't feel deprived, starved or preoccupied with food, which I LOVE by the way. I would really really love to connect with some women who may have similar lifestyles (busy/untraditional jobs, moms/caretakers etc) who can offer support. I have found having a gym buddy and folks to check in with has kept me honest, although I have really been dedicated I really would love (and need) support.

Thanks for reading!

Replies

• davadoto
    davadoto Posts: 105 Member
    Hello, check out my profile and blog, and if you consider we have enough in common - either in lifestyle or weight issues- feel free to add me.
    Wish you all the best on your weight loss journey!
  • davadoto
    davadoto Posts: 105 Member
    Hello, check out my profile and blog, and if you consider we have enough in common - either in lifestyle or weight issues- feel free to add me.
    Wish you all the best on your weight loss journey!
    Oops! blog: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/davadoto/view/me-myself-and-i-433130#comments
  • minniefarley
    minniefarley Posts: 6 Member
    I think that you will do well, remember in order to gain control of your natural/physical life you have to gain control of your spiritual life. I am a busy mom (although my daughter will be 21 soon) and I also need a team of encouraging support. I have co-workers who are running this weight loss race with me; so its only fair that I share the support. I think that its best to be busy at all times. So if any of you sisters need to reach out for anything...........

http://ladyfarley.wix.com/farleyproductionsinc

We also have a great.........."Diva on a dime" networking party coming up.