Best weight-loss tool other than MFP?

Options
jamesha100
jamesha100 Posts: 214 Member
Hi,

Just wondering what helps you guys with losing weight?

The best thing that I have bought is some wi-fi enabled scales which upload weight, BMI and fat percentage to a web portal which then graphs the results. It makes it effortless to track this info. The wife hates them though as it also tracks her values!

Replies

• cayman07
    cayman07 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Will power and openness to change small parts of day to day life.

For instance today flu jab day so we walked to the doctor and back via supermarket one hour and 10mins walking just over three miles, so combine one job with exercise.

Last night needed milk for office today so 20min walk to shop and another mile walked

Both above would have been car journeys

Also bikes are proving to be a great tool.

The scales sound excellent
  • GrahamSt
    GrahamSt Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Are those Withings scales? Go to be better than mine which seem to give a different reading every time I stand on them. :grumble:

My other main tool is tracking my rides and exercise on Endomondo.
    This gives me a clear training log that helps keep me honest with myself (in the same way that MFP helps with food) and I find watching my averages slowly creep up helps with motivation.

Plus there are Singletrack challenges on there too, which also helps.

(by the way, if your scales are Withings then Endomondo can sync with them too)
  • GrahamSt
    GrahamSt Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Oooh looks like, as of today, MyFitnessPal can syn with Endomondo and Withings scales too:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/mike/view/introducing-the-myfitnesspal-app-gallery-434827
  • jamesha100
    jamesha100 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Graham,

They are the Withings scales - I have linked the accounts so I should be able to send weigh-ins directly to MFP now - thanks for the link.

I use Garmin Connect to track my rides as I have a Garmin Edge 200 - will check out Endomondo as well.