Just checking I'm doing this right!

Options
courtm82
courtm82 Posts: 35 Member
So everything I have been told and I have read says you should never eat less than your BMR... you can subtract 20% from your TDEE, but never your BMR ... does this hold true for even high BMR's? Mine is 2100. My TDEE is 2600 (and that's set at sedentary so yes I did plan on eating back the calories I burn if I'm suppose to, which I believe I am from what I've read). So I should (according to the experts) subtract 20% from that number but make sure I eat at least my BMR (2100)?

I'm female, 30 years old, 5'8, 295 lbs now

***The reason I set it to Sedentary is because on different days I am differently active, it just depends on what's going on with the kids, etc. I didn't want to overestimate calories burned on days where I do not do a whole lot. I figured it was just easier to log my calories burned and eat them back if I should to Net where I should be.

Replies

• Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    I ran your numbers and it all looks good.
    But, I don't think you are sedentary. We move more than we think we do. I would at least go with light exercise. Believe me, if you have kids, you surely are not sedentary.
    And yes, do not net below your BMR. Try to start with a 15% cut instead of 20%. That's what we usually recommend. The weight might be coming off a bit slower, but it is more sustainable and enjoyable for you.
    recalculate your numbers every 5 lbs lost and make sure to go on a diet break every 5-6 weeks.

There is a fabulous ebook made from Lucia and Kiki (the founders of the group), where all the information is gathered together. It is just for a small fee of 5$- it is fantastic. Here is the link
    http://eatmore2weighless.com/faqs/