Newbie with a few ?s

awilmeri
awilmeri Posts: 218 Member
Thanks for any advice in advance!

Here is my info...

Female
32 yrs

I lost baby weight five years ago after twins were born with weight watchers and cardio. Didn't have much fun with it though and got prego right away again and have NOT lost that weight.

Current weight 191 5'9" goal weight 160-165 may adjust the closer I get. Planning on working out my bf% in the next few days to use that as a better goal as well.

Started almost 60 days ago and have lost a little over 15 pounds. I was eating about 1500 cals a day plus exercise calories. I set mfp to lose one pound a week I want to do it slow and steady. After seeing my average and reading a few awesome posts I decided to check what other sites say I should be eating.

Per scoobys workshop my Bmr is 1658 and Tdee is 2570.

Right now I'm doing 30ds 5-6 days a week plus a few days of just cardio overlapping. I take at least one day of complete rest.

I changed my calorie goals on mfp to 1700 yesterday and still plan to eat back calories. Is that still wrong? Should I eat the same # of calories everyday, even when resting? That confuses me...some people say its good to jump start weight loss with a "cheat" day and some eat the same number everyday...

Also my future exercise goals include training for a half marathon(June) and adding more strength training. A lot of people on mfp frown on too much cardio but I really want to do the half marathon training...is that bad? I don't want to lose muscle but does this put me at risk to lose any muscle I might have?

Thoughts?

Replies

• awilmeri
    awilmeri Posts: 218 Member
    So I guess this is a sign I should just keep things the same? :ohwell:
  • julysbaby
    julysbaby Posts: 97 Member
    Go to Scooby site and you can calculate your TDEE and BMR. It will tell you how to calculate your calories according to your activity level. :smile:
    Just saw that you have already done that oops, not very observant am I? :flowerforyou:
  • julysbaby
    julysbaby Posts: 97 Member
    my understanding is you take 10-15% off of your TDEE and just eat that every day. It already counts in the activity level so you don't have to bother with eating back calories, etc. Just be sure to never go below your BMR or you will risk harming your metabolism.
  • traceygl1967
    traceygl1967 Posts: 72 Member
    Based on your age weight and height you should be eating around 2000(20% below TDEE) daily calories according to Scoobys site if yyou are moderatly active not 1700 .
    If you think you are more than moderatly active then you should be eating more than that.

Dont eat back excercise calories as they have been accounted for in the calculatioins