Silly little tricks?

Options
2»

Replies

• Joanitude
    Joanitude Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I adapted something I saw on Pintrest. I wanted to lose about 180 lbs so I took 18 Popsicle sticks (one for ever 10 lbs) and wrote both little and big non-food rewards. When I lose 10 lbs I get to pick a stick and do the activity/make that purchase etc.

It's fun because I know that they are all things that I like and want but I don't know what I will get this time. I have colour coded them as well by expense level so that I know it will fit into the budget.

Green - High $
    Red - Small purchase
    Blue - Activity
    Yellow - just a little something

Some examples:
    Get a haircut - yellow
    Used clothing shopping spree - Red
    Massage at a Spa - Green
    Trip to the Zoo - Blue

When I am feeling down I flip through them and it gets me excited to get to the next 10
    This is a great idea! It is also easy to adapt so that it would work for lots of different people - maybe every five pounds? Or maybe have a certain loss equal a certain level of reward. The possibilities are endless. Getting motivated is one thing - staying motivated is completely different. I am so glad to hear you found something that works for you - and hopefully you will inspire someone else too!
  • Joanitude
    Joanitude Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Ok, so this is going to sound pretty silly, but I have an exercise program on my phone that I really enjoy! Zombies, Run! It is an audio story you listen to while "running" (although, I use it walking or on the ellptical, etc). It is the typical post apocalyptic setting, but the characters are fun and the story is enough that I want to get back to exercising so I can listen to it!
    I don't think it sounds silly - it works for you!