Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Well I got out of the 190's, the wrong damn way!

I can not believe myself. February 16th of 2012 I was down to 193 pounds and on my way to finally getting out of the 190's club that I accidentally joined unknowingly last winter when I stopped MFP-ing for a few months during the holidays (mistake #1). The scale was going back down and I was motivated and then BAM. Work got stressful, and I mean WAY stressful. Our Foster Care Program Manager let us know she would be leaving at the end of March, and I was informed that it was on me to run Foster Care until a suitable replacement was found. In the craziness, I stopped logging into MFP (mistake #2)

Now I love a good challenge, I really do, and at first it was actually exciting and fun. If you've ever worked with foster youth, you know EXACTLY what I mean. We eventually found a new manager who started in May and I was happy to hand her the reigns. However, the agency budget for the year was showing us at a loss for the fiscal year and the Executive Director was not in the best of moods from June until, well, probably about mid-August. She and I normally get along amazingly, but this summer I felt like she was a different person. I began looking for other jobs and tried to just stay out of her way until she felt better. Oh, and I guess I began eating my feelings about it (mistake #3).

Once things felt like they were evening back out slowly at work, I finally decided to hop on a scale and log into MFP again. August 18, 2012 I looked down at my feet and completely freaked out. I weighed 210! This was heavier than I had EVER been in my life, including my pregnancy almost 5 years ago! Wake up call for sure!

So I did what I knew would work. I began logging back into MFP every day. I began eating normal portions again, which does not include a 4th meal in the evening, I started running 1-2 times a week, and I began drinking water again like a normal person.

These past two months have been tough, but I am down 17 pounds to 193 (where I was back in February) and I am still happily motivated. I just need to stick with what works, and MFP works for me when I do it. I only gain weight when I stop logging for months at a time. Lesson learned.

Replies