Quick question?

tashaa1992
tashaa1992 Posts: 658 Member
I'm not new to this group, I've been a part of this group for a while, and I have also tried the reset. I say tried because I gave up because mentally I just couldn't deal with it. I think I'm ready to try again, I just have a quick question, I don't eat alot of meat (I used to be vegetarian) and I know protein's important but if I upped my calories in fruit/veg, can I still receive the same benefits as someone who consumes alot of protein?

Replies

• briannadunn
    briannadunn Posts: 841 Member
    I am so glad someone else said it, I was going to post the same thing.
  • Lyra89
    Lyra89 Posts: 674 Member
    Eat more legumes like black beans, lentils, kidney beans, chick peas etc...soy products like tofu, soy milk or more dairy products, and nuts and nut butters :) Try a protein shake too as a snack, I love the Optimum Nutrition mint chocolate flavour! I only eat fish, no meat what-so-ever.
  • holleysings
    holleysings Posts: 664 Member
    I eat mostly vegetarian/vegan. I get my protein from oatmeal, beans, soy products (no tofu, ick), brewer's yeast, quinoa, and from other grains, fruits, and veggies. I usually get 90-110g a day. Feel free to add me and take a peak at my diary for ideas!
  • tashaa1992
    tashaa1992 Posts: 658 Member
    Thank you to the both of you, I'm going to make sure I include or at least try these foods:) xxx