Made a date for this weekend

Options
Jennifer2387
Jennifer2387 Posts: 957 Member
But now I don't want to go. Do I cancel or I do I suck it up and go. I just don't feel like dating.

Not to mention it annoys the heck out of me that he spells things wrong in his text messages .. lol.

Replies

• meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    I'd say just go and have fun, especially if you are out of practice
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Suck it up and go. It might be fun. Actually, everything is fun if you make it be fun. And if it's horrible you'll have something to laugh about the next day!
  • BringingSherriBack
    BringingSherriBack Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    So why did you agree to go? I personally hate it if someone agrees to do something just to be nice and then later backs out. I would rather someone be straight up honest with me even if that means they tell me they aren't interested or even get lost or go to hell or whatever.
    I would say suck it up and go. What's the worst that can happen?
  • Jennifer2387
    Options
    So why did you agree to go?

Because I thought he was cute and nice. But the more I text him, the more I am thinking he may not be my type, so now I am not so sure if I want to go.
  • Myslissa
    Myslissa Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    IF you want to go, go. If you don't, don't....Only you can decide if you will be miserable with going out. Life is too short to go if you really dont want to.

Is the text thing the only thing that is making you not want to go or are you using it as an excuse? Just asking cause I am the worlds worst for looking for excuses not to step out of my comfort zone.
  • zachatta
    zachatta Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options

Because I thought he was cute and nice. But the more I text him, the more I am thinking he may not be my type, so now I am not so sure if I want to go.

You don't necessarily know he isn't your type yet though.

If you are concerned for your safety, like, he seems like a psycho, then I get it.

Other than that? More and likely he will be paying for whatever you are doing, so just

go and have a good time?

Then you know you gave him a chance. If it isn't right let him know afterwards.
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    This happens to me every single date (not the texting thing, but the desire to not go).

But I go. Sometimes I have a blast and sometimes I go "phew, glad that's over".

Go, and then decide if it's worth pursuing.

But I have stopped talking to people over their use of chatspeak.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options

how can you tell type by text messages? I know in the OP you said you aren't ready to date, might you be coming with excuses to not date?

In any case, it's a first date. no need to start thinking about whether or not you can spend the rest of your life with a man who types "l8r" instead of "later" :laugh:
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    are you sure you arent just panicking that youre going to get dressed up all pretty and hes either going to reject you or your going to have to reject him and itll be a big old waste of time and its not actually about him and his spelling? :)
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    Cancel. Don't waste his time. It's better to wait for someone who you'll be fully in the moment with. Also, that guy is better served by being on a date with someone else who is a better fit for him.
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    More and likely he will be paying for whatever you are doing, so just go and have a good time?

Just want to point out it's a guy who wrote this... not some freeloading woman who "dinner dates." :tongue:

Edit to add: Oh, and to OP: You already know what I'm gonna say: Unless you know 100% (not 50% or even 95%) chance that you aren't gonna like him, just go! You already said he was cute. That's at least 5% reason to go (5% something you like about him). You just might find more when you meet in person.

One of my good guy friends does horrible text speak- and I call him out on it all the time (things like the other day he wrote "cupple" instead of "couple" I have so much fun teasing him when he does stuff like this). I'd hate to think someone wouldn't give him a chance just b/c he's a poor texter.
  • zachatta
    Options
    More and likely he will be paying for whatever you are doing, so just go and have a good time?

Just want to point out it's a guy who wrote this... not some freeloading woman who "dinner dates." :tongue:

In fairness, while I agree gender roles are fading, I usually pay for the first date.

Most guys I know around my generation do as well.

It isn't required, but it usually happens.

He won't take insult if she lets him take her out, and gives him a chance.

:)
  • will010574
    will010574 Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    Go on the date, of course go, always go. It is never a "good time" for dating etc. We all make up a bunch of excuses and dont live our lives. Instead we go from one task to another and dont stop and enjoy the enjoyable in life.

Go on the date, even if it is your worst date ever it is another life experience and that is in itself worth going on the date!!
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    In fairness, while I agree gender roles are fading, I usually pay for the first date.

That's great... too bad you weren't here a couple months ago when we had a huge debate about it, when most of the guys here who posted felt quite negatively about the man paying for dates, even the first date.
  • MikeM53082
    MikeM53082 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    But now I don't want to go. Do I cancel or I do I suck it up and go. I just don't feel like dating.

Not to mention it annoys the heck out of me that he spells things wrong in his text messages .. lol.

I would go out with him because it does hurt when people back out on you. If you don't feel like dating, I would stop completely after this date until you decide you want to go back out there.

And come on.. his spelling mistakes on his texts annoys you? I thought I was particular about things! lol
  • zachatta
    Options

That's great... too bad you weren't here a couple months ago when we had a huge debate about it, when most of the guys here who posted felt quite negatively about the man paying for dates, even the first date.

If you want to know my personal feelings feel free to PM me about it.

:) Otherwise, OP needs to just go and give the dude a shot.

Worst case scenario, free meal/event.

Best case scenario, free meal/event and a great guy to go with it.
  • disneywm76
    disneywm76 Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Otherwise, OP needs to just go and give the dude a shot.

Worst case scenario, free meal/event.

Best case scenario, free meal/event and a great guy to go with it.

I like this way of looking at it. At worst, you'll have some crazy/funny/bizarre story to tell your friends. I know it was a joke amongst my group of friends for a while about all that wacky dates I had. Go. Have fun. If you still feel meh afterwards, at least you gave him a chance and will have no "what if" thoughts. :flowerforyou:
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options

I would go out with him because it does hurt when people back out on you. If you don't feel like dating, I would stop completely after this date until you decide you want to go back out there.

And come on.. his spelling mistakes on his texts annoys you? I thought I was particular about things! lol

:noway: OMG I'm feeling faint that I actually agree with Mike :laugh:
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options

:noway: OMG I'm feeling faint that I actually agree with Mike :laugh:

It was bound to happen eventually...:)
  • Jennifer2387
    Options
    are you sure you arent just panicking that youre going to get dressed up all pretty and hes either going to reject you or your going to have to reject him and itll be a big old waste of time and its not actually about him and his spelling? :)

Well .. he actually spelled it regect ..

But yes, I am panicking ..lol.
    And come on.. his spelling mistakes on his texts annoys you?

He has an iphone .. it has an automatic spell check!
    Go on the date, of course go, always go. It is never a "good time" for dating etc. We all make up a bunch of excuses and dont live our lives. Instead we go from one task to another and dont stop and enjoy the enjoyable in life.

Go on the date, even if it is your worst date ever it is another life experience and that is in itself worth going on the date!!

You are right. I am making excuses. BUT! I also don't want to waste his time. But, it is just a date, not a marriage.

Ugh .. I will go.