What are go craving? Good or Bad?

Options
*The title was supposed to be what are YOU craving, but my son is climbing all over me... sorry! LOL!!!

Right now, I am all about chick peas, chicken salad, apples, strawberries, carrot sticks, brussel sprouts, london broil and the only unhealthy thing is hershey bars! Every day for lunch I want a big salad with chick peas, reduced fat cheddar, 2 oz. of chicken salad and lite balsamic vinegarette.... I could eat it every day (and pretty much have been!) Yum!!!

When I was pregnant with my daughters, I constantly craved sweets (and gained the weight to prove it). With my son I craved similar things to what I am craving now. I guess it will be interesting to see next month if this is another boy.

What are you ladies craving? Good? Bad? Pica?

Replies

• ajsdream
    ajsdream Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I am craving bad things! Sweets, definitely. I've got the weight gain to show it! Ugh!! Occasionally I will crave a good salad, so I make sure to get in a big one when I do. My choices of late: pretzel bread and cheese dip, Milky Way Simply Caramel bar, Pepsi, and pink Starbursts. Not all at once...but too often to ignore on the scale!
  • rubybeach
    rubybeach Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Cornflakes and grapes. Weird.
  • MrsCarter00
    MrsCarter00 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    My craving of the month has been laffy taffys!! Last month it was candy corn pumpkins and nutella! I need to crave something healthy dangit!! Lol
  • rubybeach
    rubybeach Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Yummy to your cravings. A snicker doodle or Cinnabon sounds good now. I think I'm just craving American because I can't have it :)
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I'm back to feeling nauseated a lot. No real cravings this pregnancy, but sweet potatoes, beets, cherries, and pasta always sound good to me. So far, all my pregnancy cravings have been fairly healthy, and I've gained 25-30 lbs with each pregnancy.
    With baby #1--it was lemons, steamed cabbage with cheese melted on top, and canned stewed tomatoes.
    Baby #2--I don't remember craving anything special.
    Baby #3--crab meat and *cold* pasta.
    Baby #4--avocados and macademia nuts mixed with dried cranberries.
    Baby #5--artichokes. And all my sandwiches had to have jalapeños, green olives, and bread n butter pickles on them.
    Baby #6--sushi and caviar! lol Luckily for me, I found some inexpensive stuff online (lumpfish roe) that filled the craving. I would eat it on whole grain toast with cream cheese.
  • Mrshotwing
    Mrshotwing Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Green Grapes, but not the sour ones, they have to be the tart sweet ones. :)
  • snowgrrl83
    snowgrrl83 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    My cravings are generally not as healthy as OP's cravings. The only "healthy" thing that I crave is fruit. Otherwise, I've been craving kraft dinner, nutella and various other junky foods..and pizza...oh, pizza!
  • chickybuns
    chickybuns Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    At first my cravings were healthy like fruit, especially pineapple and pineapple, oh and fajita vegetables. Now it's been chocolate, like chocolate zingers and cake!
  • Wickedmeowmer
    Options
    I am non-discriminate. I think all food taste ZOMG! AMAZING! In particular I like carbs and meat ;)
  • KerriMx5
    KerriMx5 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    French fries with cheese and BBQ sauce. NOT a normal food. Oh and good biscuits with blueberry jam and I don't even like blueberries that much. We joke this will be our southern baby. My husband has said I will NEVER want to see a fry after this. Whatever I crave while pregnant I never really want when the baby comes. I still don't eat the foods I craved with my girls.
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    Mac & cheese, pizza, ramen noodles... all foods I ate when I was younger and haven't had in years are what I'm craving, and to add to that I have a stronger aversion to salads. Before salads were an as-I'm-in-the-mood-for-it kind of food because of textures, but now I just don't want them period which hinders my veggie intake. Good thing I can still eat the other veggies I like.
  • Skatha89
    Skatha89 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Sadly, Taco Bell :( And overly salty foods.
  • chickybuns
    chickybuns Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Sadly, Taco Bell :( And overly salty foods.

I was thinking Taco Bell for dinner...haha :)
  • FitMama2013
    FitMama2013 Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Milk, chocolate, ice cream...basically anything with sugar and dairy mixed together. Yikes!
  • blink1021
    blink1021 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I crave red meat. I can't even drive by Burger King without drooling for a whopper. It could be that I also have low iron, but I never used to eat red meat and now I cannot get enough of it. I will also crave french fries and have thought about slapping my husbands hands away to get to his. I have had a hard time with foods that are good for me this pregnancy I usually have to force feed fruit and vegetables down my throat, but thank god I have only gained 7lbs. With my son I craved ice cream I was so sick my first 6 months pregnant with him that I only ate ice cream after 6pm if I tried to eat anything else it would come back up. Amazingly with him I didn't have gestational diabetes like I should have eating all that garbage and I did walk out of the hospital 11lbs lighter than when I got pregnant.
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    The only ones I have had are food aversions. I've been kinda averse to eating meat for most of my pregnancy except bacon, which is odd for me since I usually eat meat daily. I've also found some other foods I used to like a lot totally repulsive.
  • FitMama2013
    FitMama2013 Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    The only ones I have had are food aversions. I've been kinda averse to eating meat for most of my pregnancy except bacon, which is odd for me since I usually eat meat daily. I've also found some other foods I used to like a lot totally repulsive.

ditto on the meat!!!!!!
  • MrsCarter00
    MrsCarter00 Posts: 502 Member
    Options

ditto on the meat!!!!!!

Same here!!!!!!! I wasn't a huge meat eater to begin with but being preggo has def turned me off to it even more
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Cheese and bread. lol But the good crusty white bread, not Wonder bread. I've also been having a lot of bagels with cream cheese, peanut butter sandwiches, aged cheddar cheese, some chocolate.
  • nursenikki829
    nursenikki829 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    New craving as of yesterday: coleslaw. I didn't have any yesterday, and thought about it all day! My hubby was nice enough to go get some for me for lunch and dinner today! I usually don't even like it, but today.... it sure tasted amazing!