What are go craving? Good or Bad?

Options
2»

Replies

• jls8209
    jls8209 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I just gave into my weeks-long craving for Kraft Dinner. I LOVE KD, but it is always a treat, it's not a regular meal at my house. I think the last time I had it was early first tri, when DH was out of town (he doesn't like it). I've been giving in to my Starbucks craving (addiction?) more frequently now that I'm on mat leave. I can walk to 3 from my house, which is not a good thing! Also recently discovered there is an Orange Julius within walking distance (I've lived here for 1.5 years, I don't know why it took so long for me to notice it!) but I've managed to stay away. I'm 39w3d, and the cravings have been strong and hard to stay away from lately. Maybe I'm giving in more because I know the end is near? :laugh:
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I just gave into my weeks-long craving for Kraft Dinner. I LOVE KD, but it is always a treat, it's not a regular meal at my house. I think the last time I had it was early first tri, when DH was out of town (he doesn't like it). I've been giving in to my Starbucks craving (addiction?) more frequently now that I'm on mat leave. I can walk to 3 from my house, which is not a good thing! Also recently discovered there is an Orange Julius within walking distance (I've lived here for 1.5 years, I don't know why it took so long for me to notice it!) but I've managed to stay away. I'm 39w3d, and the cravings have been strong and hard to stay away from lately. Maybe I'm giving in more because I know the end is near? :laugh:

Oh man now I'm craving KD and Starbucks too lol
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    The only ones I have had are food aversions. I've been kinda averse to eating meat for most of my pregnancy except bacon, which is odd for me since I usually eat meat daily. I've also found some other foods I used to like a lot totally repulsive.

ditto on the meat!!!!!!

Same here!!!!!!! I wasn't a huge meat eater to begin with but being preggo has def turned me off to it even more

I used to eat a lot of chicken, fish, and steak, but just have had no appetite for that stuff at all. WEIRD.
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    Cheese and bread. lol But the good crusty white bread, not Wonder bread. I've also been having a lot of bagels with cream cheese, peanut butter sandwiches, aged cheddar cheese, some chocolate.

Recently my husband and I got a wheel of Brie at Costco (President brand, which is pasteurized and thus ok for pregnancy) and baked ourselves some fresh baguettes (we had those ones you buy frozen and bake yourself). It. Was. Awesome.
  • MrsCarter00
    MrsCarter00 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    The only ones I have had are food aversions. I've been kinda averse to eating meat for most of my pregnancy except bacon, which is odd for me since I usually eat meat daily. I've also found some other foods I used to like a lot totally repulsive.

ditto on the meat!!!!!!

Same here!!!!!!! I wasn't a huge meat eater to begin with but being preggo has def turned me off to it even more

I used to eat a lot of chicken, fish, and steak, but just have had no appetite for that stuff at all. WEIRD.

I ate mostly chicken, pork, and fish but now pretty much all I'll eat is chicken..and that's rare!
  • MrsCarter00
    MrsCarter00 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Now that i think of it i haven't had a craving in a couple weeks and I'm not having any now.....weird!!!!!!!
  • Jenny_Rose77
    Jenny_Rose77 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I don't have any particular cravings, but I am super susceptible to suggestion. For example, reading about bread and cheese makes me want it immediately! Right now I'm craving something salty like chips...but give it a few minutes and it could be ice cream. Lol. I'm trying not to give into these cravings as they are often and fleeting.
  • rabbit__food
    rabbit__food Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Recent cravings are chocolate, pizza, and fruit (especially strawberries and oranges).

At least the fruit is healthy lol
  • ehg87
    ehg87 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    dairy, carbs, fruit and SUGAR
  • Crying_In_Color
    Crying_In_Color Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Swedish fish.
  • Crying_In_Color
    Crying_In_Color Posts: 246 Member
    Options

ditto on the meat!!!!!!

I'm with you on that one. I don't eat meat at all and seem to crave it an awful lot.
  • amchha
    amchha Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    lemon or lime popsicles.
    bread and cheese
    all fruit, especially strawberries, grapes and cherries