Burn Circuit 1

Options
monkeefun
monkeefun Posts: 271 Member
I am REALLY having a hard time with this disc! I don't really know why, but I just can't get into it. I don't know if maybe the moves don't feel like enough of a challenge, or if I'm just having off days whenever I do this one, or if maybe I'm not using heavy enough weights, or I'm just a grouch :-(. But I truly have a hard time with this particular workout. Anyone else have the same problem?

Replies

• littlebuddy84
    littlebuddy84 Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    I've just finished burn. I absolutely loved it :-)
  • lisab0864
    lisab0864 Posts: 154
    Options
    I'm thinking if it doesn't feel like a challenge that you probably aren't using heavy enough weights... Just started ChaLEAN this week (took summer off from weights) and I am still sore 2 days after Burn 1. Was suppose to do Burn 2 today but...............Burn Intervals killed me this morning and don't think I should do it and weights on the same day (will be adjusting my workout schedule). I really enjoyed the Burn and Push circuits but hated the Lean cuz I felt like such an uncoordinated fool..
  • Msdjt75
    Msdjt75 Posts: 24
    Options
    I am REALLY having a hard time with this disc! I don't really know why, but I just can't get into it. I don't know if maybe the moves don't feel like enough of a challenge, or if I'm just having off days whenever I do this one, or if maybe I'm not using heavy enough weights, or I'm just a grouch :-(. But I truly have a hard time with this particular workout. Anyone else have the same problem?

I am almost at the end of my first week and today after burn 3,for the first time I felt a serious burn and on a few of the exercises actually hit fatigue. I am mainly focusing on getting comfortable with the workout and my form also but i realized today as I felt more comfortable with form I was moving slowly and relying truly on my muscles to do the work. Try not to give up, I am being insoired by the awesome results I read about in this group
  • neon7girl
    neon7girl Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I have this week of Burn then onto Push. If it's not challenging, you may need a heavier weight as someone else posted. My 'hate doing this day" hits me on Saturday...Burn something - not burn interval. that one, although short irritates me. I think b/c it's Saturday,By the Time I am done with Recharge, i am happy again. lol.
  • lkarinal
    lkarinal Posts: 107
    Options
    I have this week of Burn then onto Push. If it's not challenging, you may need a heavier weight as someone else posted. My 'hate doing this day" hits me on Saturday...Burn something - not burn interval. that one, although short irritates me. I think b/c it's Saturday,By the Time I am done with Recharge, i am happy again. lol.

You mean 'Burn it off" I dont find it irritating, I find it boring!! that's why I switched with "Turbo Blaster" - the bonus clip. Same intensity and time runs faster.
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    I have only done Burn Circuit 1 and Burn Circuit 2 so far, but I didn't like Burn Circuit 1 either. It felt like too many exercises were leaning over in a lunge position. I did it, but it wasn't my favorite workout.
  • HollyTsab
    HollyTsab Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I found that during Burn I was mostly frustrated I couldn't up my weights (at the time I only owned 3, 8 and 10lbs) so I wasn't getting as much out of it as I could have. Last week my PowerBlocks finally arrived and now I really feel like I'm doing something. Try upping your weights and making it more difficult. In the meantime if you can not then focus on stressing those muscles as you do the move. She's right - it makes a light weight feel 10times heavier.

Because of CLX I'm now using 20lbs when doing lower body and between 10-15 for upper body. A few mths ago I couldn't lift a 10lb weight without struggling.
  • Love2lift72
    Love2lift72 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I just did Burn 1 today too. I agree. It's probably my least favorite of the Burn workouts. I'm not sure why though. I'm on my 4th week so I just have to finish this week and I'll be done with burn. Hey, I just realized that was my last burn circuit 1. YIPEE!
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    I did Burn Circuit 1 again last night and thought of another reason I don't like this one very much. There is one exercise in particular, the sumo squat with the hip lift, that is just awkward. I don't naturally move from the squat position to pulling my feet in to do the hip lift. It felt like those should have been two separate exercises, not cramming them together when they don't fit together and require readjusting to do them together. It doesn't have flow. That is my two cents! :laugh:
  • flslp87
    flslp87 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I actually loved the BURN circuit much more then the other two (I am on my last week of LEAN) I lost nice inches and could really feel my hamstrings and glutes tightening up......

PUSH was boring.. I felt stronger but I also felt like I was bulking up....

LEAN- I am not sure I like....I love how my shoulders are looking but I do feel awkward and uncoordinated....and as much as I love Chalene I am getting tired after 3 months of hearing her say the same things every dya....

Today was an off weight day and I did TurboFire 55 and I love that DVD but again am getting tired of hearing her....just got REVABS and think when I'm done w/ CLX this week I'll move to some REVABS for a change....