Sorry another newbie here with a question

Hey ladies,

I'm so totally confused and have read through all the topics but I just can get my head round it, sorry.

I'm 5'9" and weigh 186lbs, my BMR is 1654 and TDEE 2543, CUT 2100.

I lift heavy 3 times a week and do 20 mins of HIIT on the days I lift. Also, 3 days a week I do cardio and the burn from this can be anything between 300-800 calories.

I know I should eat over my BMR but never go over my TDEE, but some days especially after cardio I'm so hungry and will eat about 2500 calories, therefore going over my TDEE. My question is, should I set my calorie goal as my TDEE cut 2100 and not eat exercise calories back or should I set it as my BMR 1654 and eat my exercise calories back? My body is a total nightmare at the moment as I'm on Remron and it makes me want to eat a horse. I really don't want to sabotage my efforts, especially after cardio as I don't know whether it's my body crying out for more food due to the exercise or if its the Remron making me hungry.

Thanks in advance ladies xx

Replies

• Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    It really is up to you how to put your settings. Whatever works better for you I would say.

Just make sure to always net your BMR. I usually eat the same amount every day, and just when I have really high burn days I make sure to eat enough to net my BMR.