Confused any help is appreciated.

Options
Lisha_R
Lisha_R Posts: 92 Member
I increased my calories about 10 days ago from around 1500 to now I am eating 1900-2000 calories a day. I have gained 5lbs since increasing my calories. I know its a slow process but I did not think I would gain so fast. I am not even eating at my TDEE. I am a 43 y/o F now at 235lbs 68in MY TDEE is 2480 BMR is 1600. 20% cut would be 1985 from a mod exercise TDEE. I lift (not heavy yet but working there) 3x a week with 30min cardio after, Cardio 2-3x a week 30-60min. Usually walking on the treadmill or walking my stairs if I cant get to the gym. Should I decrease my activity level?

I drink at least 2-3 liters of water a day. I can usually tell when I am dry because I get extra hungry. My diary is open if anyone wants to look. I am trying to be patient but really am not.

Does anyone have a suggestion of what I am doing wrong? I am working really hard to loose weight and get fit.

Replies

• Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    You are not doing anything wrong. It is absolutely normal to gain at the beginning of this journey. I know it is frustrating, but your body needs time to adjust to the new situation. Especially if you have been on low calories before.
    But you have to be consistent with you calories for a few weeks in order to give you body the chance to adapt. Are you paying attention to your macros? Be sure to have enough protein and good fats. The macros should be 40% carbs, 30% fats 30% protein.

If you are interested, there is also an ebook available with all the information about this process in on place. It is for a small fee of 5$. That might help you to know what to expect, to know what is important etc. Just a suggestion.

http://eatmore2weighless.com/faqs/