About how much do I need to lose to go down a size?

Options
2»

Replies

• ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    lost 50 still in the same size but i have a big stomach and i bet i was squeezing into my pants when i should have been in a 30
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    Honestly, it depends on the clothing line.

One line I purchase I can't quite get into the next size down, pants-wise, yet another line when I'd lost around 45 I should have purchased two sizes down.

It's a little frustrating to say the least. Right now I've decided I'm going to live in baggy clothes until it's really ridiculous and be darned the comments because I know why I'm looking somewhat... sloppy.
  • Bibop10
    Bibop10 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and at 220 I was in a 20-22 stretch jean... I have a larger upper body/shoulders and muscular legs. At 320 I was* (Currently in maternity pants) in a 26 pant, comfortably, and 3x shirt. Because I'm so short it takes more lbs to achieve a change in clothing size. So I would say that about every 30-40 lbs accomplishes that for me.
  • Chipmunkpower
    Options
    I started at 330, and pushed into a 24 bottom and 3x 22/24 top. EVERY Brand cuts the scale differently and even with the stated inches for their chart, still varies. I have a big butt and boobs. Lucky for me the bottom thighs and waist shrank first. 20 in most pants are good and some are 18, BUT that darn belly roll wants to pop out for a HOWDY moment! LOL The top is only one size smaller. Boobs have stayed but arms, back fluffy and upper tummy went down. That is with like 40 lbs. The shoes have loosened up some and I can feel bones ( hip, elbow, clav, hands, feet, knees) That helps keep me going.

I like the idea of buying something to motivate you! I would have to think what a long term clothing item would really spur me on!! Great idea!! anyway, GOOD LUCK ALLL!!! Now get to sweating!