So excited to find you!

Options
Hi everyone, I am Lynn and I am a food addict. I have been in program for two months and decided to go to a dietician today to seek out a healthy food plan and she brought me hear and helped me with some changes and tweaks. I am so excited you guys are here and I can share about my abstinence-this means a lot to me that your hear for additional support. So how do you like this online source? Any suggestions? Thanks.

Replies

• julesoa
    julesoa Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I am Lynn and I am a food addict. I have been in program for two months and decided to go to a dietician today to seek out a healthy food plan and she brought me hear and helped me with some changes and tweaks. I am so excited you guys are here and I can share about my abstinence-this means a lot to me that your hear for additional support. So how do you like this online source? Any suggestions? Thanks.

Hi Lynn
    I have been here a few months now myself and in OA for nearly a year now ( hooray!). Initially my plan of eating was to have 3 meals a day, nothing in between ( 3-0-1 plan) and I still stick to that but I have found it helpful to be able to have this site to count calories which enables me to be accurate about how much I eat. My abstinence needs to be not just from specific trigger and bige foods t also form large quantities of food and my own regulation button doesnt work that well. Without MFP I think I can both over and sometimes under-eat. I plan my meals usually the night befpre and put them into MFP rather than choose meals as I go along, that stops me from focusing on food throughout the day as I know what I am going to eat and I dont have to worry about amounts etc. I find it very freeing. Plus this can be a very supportive site, its nice to have some friends here to cheer you on. Feel free to add me if you like
    Julia
  • jensweighingin
    jensweighingin Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I'm definitely a snacker. I'm working on portion control and eliminating trigger foods. I do 3 meals and 2 snacks. It's working for me! I'm going to send a friend request!

Jen