Body revolution start mid October

Options

Replies

• staceypunk
    staceypunk Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    Hey giuys, I started this Monday, Oct 29th, and I live in NY and we were preparing for Hurricane Sandy. That would have been a good excuse not to do it that day but I did it. I was surprised at how easy it felt after doing the advanced versions in 30 day shred. I finished Day 5 and I like it, although not as much as 30 day shred. I like workouts 1 & 2 but I dislike the cardio DVD. I felt really nauseous after the cardio session. I like 30 DS so much becuase it incorporates cardio through the whole thing but it doesn't really feel like it. I don't think that 30DS works your hamstrings that much. Mine were KILLING me after workout 2 the first time and dtayed sore days. The second time of doing wokout 2 was like a relief and it stretched the hamstrings back out and now I am not so sore anymore. Well, it's good because I need it!
    I know that it will get much harder and as Jillian suggests, I just put all my energy into the moves and enjoy them. I do like the diversity as I was getting a little bored with 30 DS after 45 days straight. Cardio tomorrow, ugh!
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    A lot of people do other cardio instead if her cardio workouts. I'm doing the couch to 5k. Not sure what ill do as it gets colder though. Off for a run later today. I'm just about to start week three so will be doing W3 for the first time.
  • Celeigh12
    Celeigh12 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Good luck, Jaz. W3 was tough. I have it again today and I'm a bit daunted...
  • jaz050465
    Options
    ????
  • Celeigh12
    Options
    Hey Jaz, how did you find W3 and W4? I was surprisingly pleased that W4 was easier the second time around. W3 was still really hard for me the second time. Maybe by the end of the month I'll be better at it!
  • jaz050465
    Options
    Found 3 tough. Could only do three real press ups. Couldn't do the plank to the angel thing and struggled with the plank on elbows to hands. Hope it will get easier. Doing workout 4 today. Hope it's not as hard as three!!
  • Celeigh12
    Options
    Woohoo! Week 3 is done. People are right about the odd numbered workouts being harder than the even numbered ones. After next week, I'll remeasure.
  • jaz050465
    Options
    Woohoo! Week 3 is done. People are right about the odd numbered workouts being harder than the even numbered ones. After next week, I'll remeasure.

Why is that? I found 4 to be much more doable than 3 ( I won't say 'easier'!!)
  • Celeigh12
    Options

Why is that? I found 4 to be much more doable than 3 ( I won't say 'easier'!!)

Well said - "easier" isn't the right word. Odd numbered days are front of body, so maybe our fronts are all weaker than our backs? All the core work on the odd days kills me. My core is weak!
  • pkrichar
    pkrichar Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Finished week two. Nailed it!
  • Celeigh12
    Options
    Finished week two. Nailed it!

Great job! Good luck with workouts 3 & 4! I've got 3 days left of week 4, then it's on to workouts 5 & 6 which I understand are killers...
  • pkrichar
    Options
    Started week three today. Boy is disc three a killer. Hoping by the end I can do everything all the way through wasn't able to complete everything this morning.
  • staceypunk
    Options
    I also started week 3 today. Workout 3 is soooo much harder than 1&2. I couldn't finish all the sets, but it gives me something to work toward. I did most of it though. Will probably do better the second time around. Some of the exercises were in 30DS, but others were unfamiliar to me and was doing them for the first time ever. I love it though! Bring on workout 4 tomorrow!
  • Celeigh12
    Options
    Great job you two! 3 is harder than 4. By the end I still couldn't do everything, but did my best. My knee is starting to hurt, so ll the lunging and dropping to your knees from standing and back up are out for me for right now. I have cardio 1 for the last time today, rest tomorrow, and onto workout 5 Wednesday.
  • pkrichar
    Options
    Great job you two! 3 is harder than 4. By the end I still couldn't do everything, but did my best. My knee is starting to hurt, so ll the lunging and dropping to your knees from standing and back up are out for me for right now. I have cardio 1 for the last time today, rest tomorrow, and onto workout 5 Wednesday.
    I am worried about the knees also, mine are very sore some days. Let us know what the next cardio is like.
  • jaz050465
    Options
    Hi everyone. I've had a rotten cold so not done anything for a while. Hoping to get back to it tomorrow. I'd done 3 and 4 once but think ill start that mini phase again.
    Glad you're all doing well.
  • Celeigh12
    Options
    I'm done with phase 1! Today is rest, Tomorrow is W5. It's time to measure. My weight is basically the same, which frustrates me completely.
  • Celeigh12
    Options
    Measurements after phase 1:

Weight loss -0.2 :sad:
    lower hip -2"
    upper hip -1.75"
    upper chest -1.5"
    bust -1.25"
    mid thigh -1.25"
    midriff -1"
    upper thigh -1"
    upper arm -.75"
    waist -.75"
    calf no change, but they don't have any fat already
    Total: -11.25"

I wish the arm and waist measurements were better as those are my worst spots, but beggars can't be choosers. Overall, I'm pleased!
  • pkrichar
    Options
    So glad it was a cardio day; never thought I would say that but I amso sore from Mon. and Tues.
  • staceypunk
    Options
    So glad it was a cardio day; never thought I would say that but I amso sore from Mon. and Tues.

Ha ha. I get ya! I just finished workout 4 for the second time (this week) and I was thinking the same thing. And i rather dislike the cardio, but it is "easier" than workout 4. I had to take my rest day early (wednesday) because I was SOOOOOO sore.