**INSANITY "Friend Me" Thread**

Options
Doing Insanity and want friends to keep you accountable?! Add your post below and 'friend' the current posters!

You need to be an active member who completes your diary daily, preferably with an 'open' diary.

Thanks!!

And be sure to add me!!!! ;0)

Replies

• moran1917
    moran1917 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Cool new thread to chat in. Well I finally finished my first week of insanity. I still had a cold for most of the week but it was much more managable and I was able to workout through it. I think my favourite workout was Pure Cardio. I felt like I could actually keep up!! I did have to take Wednesday off due to accupuncture pain in my back. But I made it up today by doubling up. I did Pure Cardio and Plyometric Cardio Circuit. Holy Sweat!

It felt good to finally have a mostly normal week. At least in terms of exercise. I am struggling with eating this week. I have eaten back exercise calories every single day and even a couple more a few days. So that is something to work on for next week.

I finally feel back on track and I am loving the Insanity. Today I had to drag myself to do Pure Cardio, but when it was done I was excited to do the next one....even feel like doing more now, though the legs are too heavy. Hope you all had a great week too!
  • shinkalork
    shinkalork Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Hello Insanifriends :)

To the new people joining the thread...
    You can add me for sure too.

I'm on my 7th week of Insanity.

Take care and good luck
  • smalls78
    Options
    I ordered Insanity on Sunday and I hope it is at my house when I get off work today! I am super excited and I need encouragement and friends during this journey! Please add me as a friend and lets do this together!:wink:
  • 22pirtle
    Options
    I'm starting nov 1st for the first time. I'm a little scared
  • cinico
    cinico Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I am adding Insanity to my weekly workouts! I am going to mix it with strength DVDs! Does that count?
  • kg8688
    kg8688 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I incorporate INSANITY in with my weekly workouts. One workout I consistently do is the cardio ab's just a quick burst for getting some nice ab's.
  • lcn1220
    lcn1220 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Started round 2 today. Like a few people above me, I'm adding some weight days to this round. Feel free to add and good luck :)
  • violetcharms
    violetcharms Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Hie there,

I just completed my Fit test today! I would love some friends to keep me accountable.

Please feel free to add me!

=)
  • xsmittles
    xsmittles Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!! I'm currently on day 15 of Insanity and would love some friends who are also doing it! Add mee :bigsmile:
  • jnh17
    jnh17 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 4 of my 2nd round of Insanity. It definately helps to have Insanity friends!
  • krwellma
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm in the middle of week 2! This @%$# is bananas, yo! Add me and dig deeper!
  • Insanity_Queen
    Options
    I"m in my 2nd week of Insanity. But this is my first day on MFP. I could use a little friendly support and motivation!
  • onamission973
    onamission973 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    i was thinking about trying it, is it any good?
  • klmason1
    Options
    I'm on Round 1 - Week 1 of Insanity. I like it thus far. It's different, which is what I need right about now. Feel free to add me as a friend if you like.
  • steveinct
    steveinct Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I just started on Monday. I am still torn to whether I am going to do the whole thing as written, do the first month and then go P90x/Insanity hybrid in the second month, or start a modified hybrid today. I have been doing the strength workouts from p90x since June so I am really worried about losing the progress I made in the strength department. So far, I see there are plenty of push-ups and my legs are on fire, so really I just need to add in a Back and Bi workout and it would probably be fine for keeping most of my strength. I heard Cardio Recovery is basically a lower body workout without the high intensity cardio so I was contemplating dropping p90x Back and Bis in it's place for the first month and see if that keeps me going. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Ya know what, I should probably make this it's own post. Forget you just read that! =)

Feel free to add me!
  • DrePitts8
    DrePitts8 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Starting first week Of insanity.... can't wait to start
  • emily_bird
    Options
    I just started on Monday. I am still torn to whether I am going to do the whole thing as written, do the first month and then go P90x/Insanity hybrid in the second month, or start a modified hybrid today. I have been doing the strength workouts from p90x since June so I am really worried about losing the progress I made in the strength department. So far, I see there are plenty of push-ups and my legs are on fire, so really I just need to add in a Back and Bi workout and it would probably be fine for keeping most of my strength. I heard Cardio Recovery is basically a lower body workout without the high intensity cardio so I was contemplating dropping p90x Back and Bis in it's place for the first month and see if that keeps me going. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Ya know what, I should probably make this it's own post. Forget you just read that! =)

Feel free to add me!

As far as I understand, Insanity shouldn't take away your strength/muscle mass. The program is designed to help you lose weight OR to GAIN lean muscle. I'd recommend doing it properly for a month and then doing a hybrid. It's only a month, so if you do lose, it won't be a massive loss . Some guys have gained muscle in weight.

Take a look at the calendar and when the different workouts are done, so that you can get an idea of how often and when the exercises are done, so that you can work out how to get in a mix if you want to add in your own programs.

http://soreyfitness.com/beachbody-hybrid-workouts/
    Here's a link for hybrids.

Good luck !
  • wickgibbs
    wickgibbs Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I start round two on this coming Monday. After thanksgiving I have fallen off a bit on my workout routine, so I am looking forward to insanity!
  • zorreena
    zorreena Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I'm going to start insanity Monday and am hoping for a few friends to encourage me through. I just finished 3 months of a local boot camp and am in great shape so going to try on my own. First two months I sabotaged mt diet and started using my fitness pal a few weeks ago. My goal is to have lost a good 30 lbs and about 15inches all around by May 2013.
  • isis8319
    isis8319 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am going to start it on December 18th. It will be my 2nd attempt to finish. Dig deep & add me ;-)