Ladies eating 2200k plus?

Options
I upped my cals from 1800 to 2000 a month or so ago as felt I was losing too fast and have last week just upped it again to 2500 as was still feeling hungry and not enough energy,

I am looking for friends of any ladies who eat a similar amount, just for meal ideas and so I don't feel so bad eating so much (and some days more) when so many people around me eat so much less.

Have started at a new gym and one of the trainers has helped me form a new routine which is including a lot heavier weights, HIIT, Pump, Balance and fat burning cardio. I have no idea about how many cals I burn though so find it hard to work out whether I'm eating enough/too much.

I'm 31, 5'9 and 130lbs.

Replies

• Laoch_Cailin
    Laoch_Cailin Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Hey,

I'm only on 2100 cals, this is my first week. Gonna give it a month and see how I go. But dare I say feeling a little hungry on this amount lol.

I'm 31, 68"(5ft 8")tall and 153lb hoping to get to 149ish lbs. Add me if you like :-)
  • lforner46
    lforner46 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Try getting a fitness watch or Bodymedia to find out how many calories you are burning? On weight lifting days, you might need way more calories.
  • deevatude
    deevatude Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    i eat 2100 calories but i also find that im still starving.
  • holleysings
    holleysings Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    All of you can friend me. I eat 2500-3200 depending on the day. :happy:

Oh, I'm 5'5" 198-202 lbs depending on the day of the week. Only 26 and crazy active!
  • Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    2500+ cals on a good day here:)
    Fitbit tells me I burn about 2900-3000 on a normal activity day.
    I have to rely on protein shakes and bars in order to get my cals in. Still working on trying out new snack ideas, lowering the carb intakes as well..
  • CanGirl40
    CanGirl40 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    5'9 and 130 lbs??? Doesn't sound like you need to lose weight...???
  • BronnersHarris
    BronnersHarris Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    5'9 and 130 lbs??? Doesn't sound like you need to lose weight...???

You're right. I'm not trying to lose weight in terms of scales, I am trying to drop bodyfat and gain lean mass though.

Thanks for all the other replies. Have sent out the friend requests. :)
  • BronnersHarris
    BronnersHarris Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Try getting a fitness watch or Bodymedia to find out how many calories you are burning? On weight lifting days, you might need way more calories.

I'm contemplating a heart rate monitor or similar for Christmas to give me a better idea. I'd assume it's between 500-700 a day at the gym. Two days a week I go twice though so that day is likely over 1000. Saturdays if I go for a long hike it's likely to go well over that! :)
  • Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7.5'' weighing 155lbs and I am eating around 2400
    Will be bulking soon, so will increase cals at around 200 for a start
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    <
    Big eater here too! Currently eating at maintenance of 2700 cals. My cut is around 2350 and if/when I brave a bulk I'll be at around 2900. I'm a veggie so I do supplement with shakes to get my protein numbers up. Feel free to add me.
  • road2peachtree
    road2peachtree Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    My TDEE is 2953 and my cut is 2510. It dawned on me yesterday after watching EM2WL vids that I've been maintaining for three months and didn't know it. Lol I did a small grocery shop this morning and I bought whole milk! I've been drinking skim for almost 10 years. I felt like a rebel lol
  • hannydee
    hannydee Posts: 246
    Options
    I also eat a lot! I'm 5'8 and 155 lbs. Average TDEE is currently around 2750 so I'm eating between 2100 and 2600 most days. Feel free to add me, anyone!
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    I'm eating 3000-3500 at the moment, although I am trying to gain! (bulking)
    When I'm losing I eat around 2200-2500. Never been one to eat only a little, especially not when I can lose on a pretty decent amount!

Feel free to add me :)
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5", 128lb and I try to eat around my fitbit maintenance, which is between 2100 and 2500 on a normal day, and seems to make me lose gently, if I can be bothered to stick to it.

I only find it hard to reach my calories if I do additional exercise, especially as I tend to lose my appetite. Right now I'm experimenting with using quick add calories instead of proper logging, but I've logged a lot before that and my diary is open to friends. I don't eat clean, which helps :laugh:

Big breakfasts really help me. I aim for 600 or so. This normally involves peanut butter:wink:
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    The past few months my typical calorie consumption was 2500. I'm currently eating closer to 2000 but might be upping it again to just continue my goal of muscle growth a few more months.