Post your (continuing) VI results, here!

Options
Beeps2011
Beeps2011 Posts: 11,986 Member
Today was day 30 of VI for me. Now, I've been weight-lifting for about 10 months, so this part wasn't new for me (and I'm actually still in Phase 2 of NROL4Abs...although I have printed out the VI work-outs from Phase 1).

I have lost ~7 lbs. I believe this is PURE FAT LOSS.

I do *not* believe this is water weight, and here's why:

1. I weight-train 3 x per week with heavy weights. So, I likely retain water, constantly, for muscle recovery. This would have been constant on day 1 and constant on day 30.
2. I drink TONS of water. So, I likely DON'T retain water, because I ingest so much water it would flush anything out.

Whether I "do" or "don't" retain water would be relatively constant, given the above-2 non-variables.

I am on my way to my VI!

I take pictures and tape measurements at the end of each calendar month, so I don't know *exactly* where I am relative to VI.

I am a pear, so my shoulders are already at VI, my waist is about 2.5" above VI and it is my HIPS/SADDLEBAGS that are gonna be the tough slug.

How are you doing?

Replies

• rhymeswithfox
    rhymeswithfox Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Today is the end of my fifth week. Started at 127 and am now 118. I am seriously impressed! Also have never been able to do regular pushups, can now do 10 easily :)
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    Oh this is awesome girls. :) Keep going. Whoohooo! Sorry I have not been in the group for awhile now. I will make this a regular stop more often. :)
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I should have posted my month 2 results (end of November).

I was down to 11 lbs lost (from starting weight). In order to be at VI, I still need to lose 1.25" on my waist, about 3" on my hips and I need to gain 1" in my shoulders.

I am closer to VI, but I am not there, yet.

And, as (dumb?) luck would have it, my weight has SHOT UP 1.8 lbs in the last week, so, unfortunately, I still think I have about 10 or 12 lbs to lose, too.

I'm still at it!
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    Keep at it Beeps. You got this! YOU ARE AWESOME!!!! :)

-Ro
  • JaymeJaime
    JaymeJaime Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thought I'd share this here too, just because I want to remind myself of my amazing 1st week! I know that there are going to be some frustrating hills on this ride, might as well enjoy the moment :) As of wednesday, July 24th:

Height: 5'7"
    Waist: 43.5" - 42.25" = 1.25" down
    Shoulder: 51' - 49.5" = 1.5" down
    Hips: 53" - 52" = 1 " down
    Weight: 234.8 - 226.6 = 8.2 lb down!

This Weeks Results (updated with accurate height):

Your Ideal Waist is: 25.59 in
    Your Ideal Shoulder Circumference is: 41.41 in
    Based on your body you will look your best between the weights of: 121.59 lbs and 147.44 lb.
    Best estimate 'Target' weight given your body type is: 134.51 lb
    Your Ideal Hip Circumference Range is: 36.34 in - 39.16 in
    Your Maintenance Calories: 1883.19 calories
    Your Suggested Daily Calories For Weight Loss: 1000 calories
    Your ESTIMATED weekly FAT loss: 7.6 lbs
    Your Possible Daily Body Weight Fluctuation: 5.68 lbs
    Suggested Daily Protein Intake: 60 grams
  • maddmaddie
    maddmaddie Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Woot!

I'm on week 2 and lost 3 lbs so far....I have a trip to Hawaii in 6 weeks so I'm going to try hard and lose 10 lbs or so before my trip!
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    Woot!

I'm on week 2 and lost 3 lbs so far....I have a trip to Hawaii in 6 weeks so I'm going to try hard and lose 10 lbs or so before my trip!

Fantastic!
  • CricketKate
    Options
    I'm starting week 2 today. I lost (with no intention of finding again) 4 lbs and 2 inches off my waist. This week I really need to work on the quality of my calories and not just the quantity. I stayed within my calories last week, but I ate way too many candy bars.
  • janer4jc
    janer4jc Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I'm starting week 2 today. I lost (with no intention of finding again) 4 lbs and 2 inches off my waist. This week I really need to work on the quality of my calories and not just the quantity. I stayed within my calories last week, but I ate way too many candy bars.

Great work. Glad to hear you're seeing results.
  • ktaylormusic
    ktaylormusic Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I was so sore from day 1 that it took me all week before I did day 2! But not so bad this time, so I'll be doing day 3 tomorrow. It feels AWESOME.
  • janer4jc
    Options
    I was so sore from day 1 that it took me all week before I did day 2! But not so bad this time, so I'll be doing day 3 tomorrow. It feels AWESOME.

If you were overly sore, maybe you should take a day to let your body rest. Not an entire week, mind you, just one day.

Great job on not throwing in the towel. It's worth the effort.
  • ktaylormusic
    ktaylormusic Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I really couldn't do another squat for about 4 days... it hurt to walk... maybe I overdid it that first day :) but no, not a week, I know. But my question is: lift even when your muscles are sore, or wait 'til they're not? If we're supposed to be healing on rest day, shouldn't I wait 'til I'm healed before lifting again? I'm confused.
  • janer4jc
    Options
    I wouldn't necessarily say to rest until you no longer feel it. I might suggest instead to lower your weights just a little to ease your body into it. This would be to avoid both injury and discouragement.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Wow, I forgot about this thread!! So, anyway, here I am 1-year-later, posting "update photos"!! ENJOY! (FYI: I was 44 years old and 5' 8.75" end-of-October, 2013.)

Endofoct201312monthcomparisonslide1_zpsbf7dd234.jpg

Endofoct201312monthcomparisonslide2_zpsbf5707da.jpg

I am still whittling away at bodyfat (I tested at 32.7% bodyfat at my October 31, 2013 DXA scan), so I'll be hanging around Venus, still! Am spending the next 12-months working more on a "systems" approach (i.e. the inputs) rather than the "goals" approach (i.e. the outputs) that I focused on in 2013.
  • janer4jc
    Options
    Thanks for sharing Beeps. Very encouraging.
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Wow, I forgot about this thread!! So, anyway, here I am 1-year-later, posting "update photos"!! ENJOY! (FYI: I was 44 years old and 5' 8.75" end-of-October, 2013.)

Endofoct201312monthcomparisonslide1_zpsbf7dd234.jpg

Endofoct201312monthcomparisonslide2_zpsbf5707da.jpg

I am still whittling away at bodyfat (I tested at 32.7% bodyfat at my October 31, 2013 DXA scan), so I'll be hanging around Venus, still! Am spending the next 12-months working more on a "systems" approach (i.e. the inputs) rather than the "goals" approach (i.e. the outputs) that I focused on in 2013.

awesome!
  • CricketKate
    Options
    No change for me at the end of week 2. Though, I was so busy last week that I didn't get all of my workouts in and, though I stayed mostly within my calories, my eating was awful (most of my calories came from cookies and doughnuts). This week, I started again with week 1 workouts and am watching the quality of my calories much better.
  • janer4jc
    Options
    There may be no change on the scale but you're probably getting stronger. Hope you have a better week for eating this week.