Late to the party - introduction

Options
hopetc
hopetc Posts: 11 Member
Hello! I'm so excited to have found this group!

I started the whole30 september 26 but on day 8 I ate a donut hole and day 9 I ate a tiny bite of oatmeal bake so that moves my end date out to november 3. I guess that makes today day 17 for me.
I started it because I need to lose weight and felt my sugar addiction was a big part of my problem. Reading about whole30, it really resonated the idea that grains cause you to constantly want to eat. I would eat all day long often convinced I needed a grain to 'get me through'.
I felt fatigued for a few days later in the first week but since then have been feeling great. I am breaking the rule about not weighing in ;) After seeing how much weight I was losing I decided to start tracking here to get a better idea of what I'm eating. It seems I eat around 1000 calories/day but I'm aiming to bump that closer to 1200 on average. I eat 3 meals and on most days a lara bar for a snack in the afternoon to make it to dinner.

Questions -
How do you get enough calcium? I don't think I'm getting enough.
What is your favorite salad dressing? I don't lose oil/vinegar but am trying.
Do you have a great egg muffin bake recipe? I need a quicker breakfast.

Replies

• LizaArg
    LizaArg Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hi Hope,

Welcome!

Not sure that my answers are 100% correct or anything but re: Calcuim, I think many leafy greens like spinach or kale have a good source of calcium. If you are medically required to take supplements then feel free to continue taking them. Otherwise, you probably will be ok for 30 days. For salad dressing I use olive oil and mix herbs & salt into it, then I add lemon juice. I'm sensitive to vinegar, but if you're not, you can use vinegar. There are also some great salad dressings people make with fresh herbs and avocado, etc. I don't have a recipe handy as I usually make my dressing up as I go - and taste it as I go. Perhaps there are other people who will chime in with actual measurements. I don't have an egg muffin recipe but you probably could google one and just leave out the milk and cheese. I recall doing one from south beach diet years ago, it used frozen spinach (thawed and water drained) and red peppers, etc. Basically you can mix anything you like in your eggs. Then parcel it out into muffin cups or a glass pan, etc., and bake.

Re: your caloric intake, that sounds really low to me. None of my business per se but just be careful. I actually plateaued when I didn't eat enough. There's a lot of info out there to use to calculate where you should be, but 1000 calories a day is what my 18 mth old needs so I tend to think you may need more then that. Many people swear that they lose more weight when they eat more. Of course, the trick is to eat nutruitous stuff, but a good amount of olive oil, nuts, etc., can help bring your calories up as needed. Just a thought... of course, listen to your own body on that one.

Thanks for joining us and take care!

~Liza