Going over TDEE Day 1 - Workout extra on Day 2?

sscad
sscad Posts: 73 Member
Let's say on a typical day, you do an hour-long work out and eat at your TDEE deficit in order to properly fuel and provide nutrients to your muscles and keep your metabolism working efficiently (while still losing BF). I know it's not so black and white, but generally I tend to eat a lot of good carbs and pay extra attention to protein on workout days. What if on one lazy bad day, you decide to sit around and gorge? :ohwell: If you decide to exercise well on the next day, could the tremendous amount of carbs you ate the previous day work over to fuel the next day's workouts? My question is if I can get away with eating less carbs (or calories in general) on the day after going over my TDEE without playing havoc on my metabolism. I wasn't sure how long food stays as a fuel source in your body vs. being stored as fat. Thanks!

Replies

• Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    gorging on carbs is the same as gorging on protein.. sure carbs are probably less nutritious for you depending what your eating (bag of chips, donuts, french fries) but calories are still calories, and you still need to eat way over your TDEE to gain a pound.. now that doesn't mean your not going to retain water for a few days..
    Will you eating less carbs the next day influence your metabolism.. No, it takes way more than 1 day for your body to be messed up.. You may want to start eating more protein everyday instead of just your workout days (protein is good).. just don't worry about it, and look at everything more as a weekly # and not a daily # if its a better idea.