Calling all breastfeeding moms

Options
Hello all I wanted to know how everyone is doing with their weight loss and breastfeeding. Anyone having any issues with drying up/ baby not wanting to nurse anymore ?

I am currently exclusively breastfeeding my 9 month old son and it is going great and I do not plan on stopping any time soon but I am gonna switch to pumping by the time he is 1.

Replies

• Apresner
    Options
    My son will be 9 months on the 1st and so far so good. Lost 75 pounds and knock on wood supply still seems good. Congrats on making it this far. By a year I may switch him to cows milk and just nurse him at night but idk yet. I want to research it and go from there.
  • brandiwells1
    brandiwells1 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I nursed my 1st for 10 months because he would get distracted sooo easily and I was spending more time trying to get him to nurse. I figured 2 months of formula wasn't going to make or break him.

I am nursing my 2nd now and everything is great. I have lost 5 lbs so far!
  • Wallace082011
    Options
    Still BF my 5 month old and plan to stop by 1 year. I have a supply storage so I plan to quit BF by the time he is 11 months old and use our stock for the last month. I was 115 when I found out I was pregnant and 172 by the time I went in for my c-section. Within 3 weeks I was down to 150 and by my six week mark I was at 148 and sitting. I joined MFP to try to lose weight. When I started counting my calories my weight wouldn't even budge...now I stopped and I dropped to 140 almost over night. Then I gain 2 lbs so now i am back and trying to figure out how to lose and still BF.
  • marchmomflaherty
    marchmomflaherty Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am BFing my 8 months old daughter and have been gaining weight! So I just started tracking again on MFP. I was 150 when I found out I was prego and 205 when i delivered. I now weigh 177. I just have the hardest time keeping my apetite under control and I blame the BFing because I never remember have such an impulse to eat! I also can't work out since I pump at work, whcih takes up all of my breaks. I also had PCOS before I was prego, which affects insulin and makes it extremely difficult to lose weight, so that may be playing a role as well. The lowest I've weight post partum was 172. HELP! I'm so torn between continuing to BF and accept being fat or ending it to get my horomones back in check and lose weight.
  • caitmbailey
    Options
    I'm breastfeeding my 8 month old as well. I'm 5'7" and weighed 160 before I got pregnant. I was 235 when I delivered. Since having my daughter, the lowest I've weighed is 206; right now I'm at 211. I'm taking Nor QD as a birth control, and I am starting to wonder if that could be a reason I'm not losing weight. I had my thyroid checked, and it's normal. I eat healthy, usually. I just got a gym membership, and I'm starting to work out regularly. Hopefully I'll see results SOON!