Introduce Yourself

Options
Hi! Introduce yourself here.

Replies

• milele_transfome
    milele_transfome Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Howdy all! I've been a corporette reader for two years and I'm a regular poster on the site. I'm maintaining weight I loss through myfitnesspal. I kinda fell off for a bit and gained a few (3lbs) since I last started logging, and when I saw that this group existed I thought it might be a good way to get back into my fitness regime. My goal is to lose about 10lbs of fat and gain about 5lbs of muscle, to eat fewer starchy vegetables, grains, and processed foods, and to get in cardio exercise several times a week and strength training at least once a week (and maybe a yoga class here and there).
  • fitjess1
    Options
    Hi Corporette ladies! Looking forward to getting motivated with you!
  • cityjogger
    cityjogger Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks to the 'rette who thought up this group and hello all! Have never used MFP but looking forward to finding anything that'll keep me accountable. Would love to lose 10lbs of fat and to get toned around the middle. Can't wait to hear about everyone's progress - make sure to share your weight loss/fitness accomplishments, however small, to keep the lady fitness party going!
  • boringmember
    boringmember Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm pregnant and due in December but the name was so awesome I had to join now. I will be more active here to get the baby weight off for sure!
  • DeIsAwesome
    Options
    Hey Ladies! It's De. I'm super excited that someone thought of this, and that everyone's jumping on board! I've been pretty bad lately and fell out of my workout routine (But I only gained a few pounds so I think I can get back to it.) I'm hoping that this helps kick my butt back into gear!
  • thebigdipper
    Options
    Hi! I'm mostly a lurker on Corporette, but I do comment occasionally. I'll be starting BigLaw next year (3L now) and this is probably my last opportunity to focus on establishing realistic eating and exercise habits. Ultimately, I'd like to lose 15 pounds and start exercising regularly again.

I'm trying to learn how to cook real "grown up meals" since I mostly make omelettes and PB&J for myself. So, recipe suggestions welcome!
  • erinfish77
    Options
    Hi,

It's TBK here. Such a great idea to start this! I've put on about 10 lbs since meeting my husband (about 4 years ago) and have let a lot of my fitness slide as well. I looked GOOD when Mr. TBK and I met, but since have had too many nights on the couch with Netflix. We signed up for a boxing class and have been trying to go three times a week, but things always seem to get in the way. I'd also like to get back into running. Maybe no more marathons, but I'd like to at least do a brisk 3-5 miles a couple of times a week (I think my dog would like that, too). Looking forward to getting back into shape with all of you ladies!
  • brant2008
    Options
    Hey all, i'm new to MFP but think it'll be a good way to keep me exercising. I got into running with the dog pretty regularly this summer, then fell off that wagon after a couple of lengthy business trips. I'm hoping to get back to regular exercise and get back to watching what I've been eating. I'm in the greater Boston area, if anybody ever wants to meet up as exercise buddies!
  • brant2008
    Options
    Oh- to those that have used MFP before---is there a way to check the message boards from the moblie app? I'll be much more active on here if there is, but I can't find one...
  • saraamberg
    Options
    Hi, I'm new to this too. I hurt myself training for a half marathon in the spring, and gained a bunch of weight. I need to get it off before my sister's wedding in August. Also a 'rette reader and occasional commenter (SA) and a mom of a 9 year old girl and 5 year old boy.
  • teslagirl2000
    teslagirl2000 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've lost 110 pounds (!!), 70 through Weight Watchers and 40 through MFP + meeting three times a week with my personal trainer. The combination of writing everything down and being accountable to someone else (my trainer has me email my food log to her once a week) seems to work for me. I want to lose about 20 more pounds, I think. It is getting harder though!
  • insertcleverbit
    insertcleverbit Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hey y'all! Merabella here. I, like TBK, have gained weight since meeting my husband 5 years ago. I am trying to work out and eat well, which is going OK, but I need to be kept accountable. I'm excited y'all are here to help out, and I absolutely love the name.
  • ruthysue
    Options
    Hi everyone! I've been reading Corpor$tte for a few years, but I'm usually behind by a post or two so I don't get to comment that often (Ruthy Sue). I've been using MFP for several months, but lately have only been using to track my weight and not food or exercise. I'd like to get back into the swing of things, particularly to make sure I exercise regularly. I hope having to be accountable to you all will help. Go fitness!
  • Georgetteheyer100
    Options
    Hi ladies, AN here. Gained weight on an overseas posting years ago and still stuck with 20 pounds excess baggage. Wanna lose at least 10 before a school reunion in Dec!
  • KMJ2324
    KMJ2324 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I can't count calories due to a history of disordered eating, but I'd like to use this to track and hopefully increase my exercise. Currently work is insane and my exercise is almost nothing. Gotta find a way to squeeze it in!
  • thebigdipper
    Options
    @teslagirl - Just wanted to comment and congratulate you on your amazing weight loss!! I'm super impressed.
  • amberlou36
    Options
    I'm an occasional poster who has used similar sites before, but I definitely need people to interact with and keep me motivated, so hopefully this group/site will be perfect! Recently started a new relationship and have gained some "love weight" so I want to tackle that before it gets out of hand.
  • ambrrozhia
    Options
    Hi. Shy lurker. 7 months pregnant with my first child. Goal: continue walking 1 mile per day and not eat too many bon-bons.
  • blti
    blti Posts: 6
    Options
    Hi, thank you for creating the group! I had the app on my phone for a while but wasn't using it, and I think this is just what I need :smile:
  • socksberg
    Options
    Longtime lurker, rare poster here! I am looking to lose about 10 lbs and keep it off, but I've lost motivation recently. I'm hoping this group can help me get it back!