I think I bombed Phase 1

Options
NeuroticVirgo
NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
Luckily we still have some time left! But I did not get off to a good start AT ALL! In fact I haven't even looked at the scale in a few weeks because I'm scared to see how much I probably gained after eating like a cow :sad:

I'm trying to put a positive spin on things lately instead of constantly tearing myself down all the time (a 20 yr old habit that has proven hard to break).

Hoping to keep the past behind me and just keep on moving day by day. I think my biggest challenge lately is that I'm lonely. I work from home, and my husband just started a new job with lots of traveling for training. I have no "real" friends nearby (I know people, but not well enough that we hang out outside of social events/school functions etc), and my family is not near by either.

I love MFP, but I've found its not the same as when I started back in 2010. I have some tried and true MFP friends on here who are active, but most of them are not. I don't mean because they aren't logging, there just isn't the same social interaction as there was before. I used to log on and could find something in common with my MFP friends, have that connection with someone else who was going through the same thing, swap stories, share recipes etc. This actually helped a lot with that lonely feeling since I live so far away from people, now I log on and its mostly just "so-so completed there diary"...which is great. But when that is all there is, there is no connection really. If that makes sense. Of course I blame a lot of this on myself for not keeping up with people on here, and signing off of MFP for a while, I can't just show up and expect it all to be back how it was right?

Sorry I'm kind of rambling. Can't sleep. Lonely like I said.

Replies

• WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    My heart is with you, and it seems like some of us here is struggling in this phase. As you said, you can only keep moving forward and that is a great idea and I'm trying to do the same. I feel like I wanna eat all the time too. Food is there to comfort you when your lonely, sad, happy, and its also there to reward yourself if you been good for a while..(thats also my problem..ooh i lost 10lbs im gunna reward myself by eating my favorites all day long and not look back :laugh: ) Keep staying strong, stay positive, keep your goals in mind..we can go back to the motivation we felt when we joined. It seems hard, but it can happen. I've even looked at victoria secret models to get my kick start up...try that :laugh:
  • karedaly75
    karedaly75 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I am sorry to hear you are lonely. I am a stay at home mom and I face some of those same challenges. I am home alone all day and then sports take the kids and husband out of the house three times a week. I have tried to get some of my "friends" to go with me to the gym, but they have not followed through which leaves me alone.

I have found that I can keep occupied with my ipod at the gym. I load it with my favorite songs and even some songs from when I was younger to make me giggle when they come on (ex= Flashdance, Mickey, Vanilla Ice, Baby got back, ect).

I have found inspiration by looking through the message boards and finding the before and after photos. I even look for some that started near my weight, so I can see how they have progressed and make it more real for me. I hope that some of these suggestions help to inspire you too. I have only been doing this since school started, so hopefully a new set of "eyes" or dream/ideas will help you out.