Anyone go thru Stage 1 a second time?

Options
I just completed Stage 1, except for the 2 special workouts. Has anyone done Stage 1 a second time without going thru the other Stages? I just feel as a newbie that I'm not ready to move on yet. Well, that and I need to gather some other items for Stage 2 since I work out at home, lol. I don't see what it would hurt and would like to know what others thought?

Replies

• meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    just move on. you'll get to do the movements again in some form or fashion later on.

sorry i dont understand needing one stage to be perfect before moving on to the next. you'd never finish if you did that :laugh:

weight lifting is more of a process than a finality. i started lifting with free weights when i was 18 and i'm STILL learning things and perfecting my form.
  • meganmcg77
    Options
    Thanks for the reply! Your lifting reults for this year are impressive, way to go!

I FINALLY moved on to stage 2 last night. I work out at home, so have to do things a little different than the book suggests, and I needed the boxes. So I have the lower box to do lunges off of and my dad is making me a taller box for the step ups. Up til now I've been using a step ladder that isn't near tall enough :)

I do agree with what you said - but I'm an engineer and sometimes get stuck on 'rules' - the book goes in stages so I feel like I HAVE to follow it lol :)
  • Nadiataha
    Nadiataha Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Megan,
    I'm a stickler like that, too. I want to do everything by the book. But I just try to remember that the book allows for some flexibility. For example, Schuler doesn't say how much weight we should be lifting, just how many workouts, sets and reps. So if you've done that, you've graduated that stage. Time for the next one!

Good luck!