What do you do for motivation

Options
Mawskittykat
Mawskittykat Posts: 241 Member
I have a progress chart behind my bedroom door and I connect the dots for every pound loss and gained. When I get discouraged I look back at the chart and remind myself that even if it goes up eventually it will come back down and weekly weigh ins show that my weight is coming down even if it is slower than I would like it to be. I also take progress pictures every time I reach a milestone. This is what my chart looks like. The black line is the first 40 Weeks, the green line is the second 40 Weeks and the red line represent where I am at now. And yes, I have been on this journey for109 weeks. Never Ever Give Up

IMG_6332.jpg

Replies

• debrapeterson
    debrapeterson Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Merry,

I think that is great wish I would have thought about it. But maybe not I don't let anyone know my weight. Kudo's to not only your efforts but your success. I have enjoyed our journey together and look forward to seeing what the future holds for us. It is in our control to decide if we choose to succeed or fail. Best wishes to you.
  • UnicornRides
    Options
    I wish I could be technical about weight loss like that! I usually stare at pictures of fit guys and girls and/or look at small sized clothing that I'd really love to fit into.. if that doesn't help, I stand in-front of a mirror and run in place to watch everything jiggle :b.
  • rmr083
    rmr083 Posts: 6
    Options
    I created a motivational chart that I have posted at my desk and in my bedroom at home. I have my starting pic and a quote that really motivates me.There is also a blank smiley face for every pound I want to lose. Each time I lose a pound, I get to color in a smiley. Today I was able to color in 9. Seeing those colored-in smilies motivates me to work hard so I can color in all of them. :happy: There is a pic of the chart on my profile if anyone wants to see it.