How are you entering your progress into exercise diary?

Options
devaulr
devaulr Posts: 12 Member
Hello, I'm new to myfitnesspal and on day 2 of the c25 k. Does anyone have totals for the minutes of running and walking from the workout throughout the program? Is that even the best way to log the exercise in the diary? For week one i am just figuring the workout involves 22 mins of walking and 8 mins of jogging.

Replies

• doIlhands
    doIlhands Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I just add the run/walk periods seperately like how you are doing it. The lowest setting for jogging is 5.5mph (12 min mile) and im sure I'm running slower than that though. Not a big problem for me b/c I dont eat back my exercise calories anyways. Im planning on getting a HRM soon though
  • Jme03
    Jme03 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I use the rundouble c25k app. I enter my height/weight into it & it calculates the calories for me at the end of my workout. Check into the options or settings of the app you use and maybe you can set it up.
  • Littlegurl
    Littlegurl Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    The only accurate way to know ur calorie burn is by using an HRM. I love mine. And I actually burn many more calories than any online calculator shows. And unfortunately as u get in better shape while progressing through c25k u will actually burn fewer calories per mile. As u get in better shape ur heart rate lowers, so u burn fewer calories. The only way to increase the calorie burn is by adding incline, or increasing speed, or wearing ankle weights.
  • kvossandrews
    kvossandrews Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    The only accurate way to know ur calorie burn is by using an HRM. I love mine. And I actually burn many more calories than any online calculator shows. And unfortunately as u get in better shape while progressing through c25k u will actually burn fewer calories per mile. As u get in better shape ur heart rate lowers, so u burn fewer calories. The only way to increase the calorie burn is by adding incline, or increasing speed, or wearing ankle weights.

I Love my HRM too. I was told that the calories on it was not correct. I was a bit disappointed at that. But if you think about its my heart rate and why would it be wrong. Some people are just out to upset others. I use mine all the time. I just dont eat back the calories but if im hungry ill eat.
  • kimpossible471
    kimpossible471 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I use Nike Plus - which is free, to track the run & pace as well as the overall calorie burn. It calculates off of height/weight like many other apps out there. It does not have the voice prompts for C25K - I used joglog for those, and just ran it in the background.