My Body Is Fat...how about yours?

Options
Holy cow! I just did a body fat calculator (http://www.gymgoal.com/dtool_fat.html) that someone on another post suggested and it said:

54% (U.S. Navy Circumference Method #1 - men and women)

35.7 (rounding to 36)% (U.S. Navy Circumference Method #2 - women only)

36% (book by Covert Bailey "Fit or Fat")

42% Average

Yikes! That's awful! 42% of my body is fat. Yuck. What are your numbers?

Replies

• Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I would use skin fold calpiers to measure body fat.
    I am in the mid 20ies
  • m_shuman
    m_shuman Posts: 179
    Options
    I have had it done with calipers and calculated online and both times it came out at 24% When looking at BF% remember that essential body fat for a woman is between 10-13%. Essential body fat is much like your BMR. It is the bare minimum of what your body needs to sustain itself.
  • rachmass1
    rachmass1 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    According to my Aria scale around 39%. Frankly I am too lazy to try and figure it out. Since I have lost 30-pounds I shudder to think what it was....
  • kazzsjourney
    kazzsjourney Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Mine was close to 60% when I started this journey....currently it is 27.6% :)
  • tyraskanks_
    Options
    Mine is, with the average of the three from that website, 37.42 percent fat.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    I think it's around 25%. My body fat scale thingie would have me believe it's 27% as a normal person or 19.5% on the "athlete" setting. I'm sure it's somewhere in between.
  • road2peachtree
    road2peachtree Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I have had it done with calipers and calculated online and both times it came out at 24% When looking at BF% remember that essential body fat for a woman is between 10-13%. Essential body fat is much like your BMR. It is the bare minimum of what your body needs to sustain itself.

Well if my body fat essentials are between 10-13% I'm waaaaay off that hahahaha