Results- Especially for women

Options
Hey guys and girls.. I started stronglifts yesterday. I just wanted to hear about your results so far, where you are in the program, muscle gains, inches lost or gained, how you've been eating, and general advice.

Thanks! Happy Lifting

Replies

• donkraft
    donkraft Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Ive been doing it since last spring with a small break in the summer. When I came back in the later part of July I brought the weight down and worked back up. My results have been great. My advice is to stay patient and work on form now when the weight is low. As the weights increase, you have to go into the gym committed to give it all you got and "conquer" that weight. For some reason this constant challenge to PR has kept me motivated. I hate to lose. But lose you may and will eventually, deloading at the right time does wonders and you rebuild the weight and get even stronger. Dont miss workouts. I do every now and then but you really notice the set back if you dont stay consistent. I like the simplicity of it and the constant challenge. I saw my weight go down, back up, then really go down, then really go back up, and now remain somewhat flat. I am lying if I say I havent got bored with it but I have lifted here and there all my adult life and I have to say I am the strongest I have ever been after sticking with this program. All that being said I am a man. I would be interested in what it does for women but I imagine just the same.
  • js370
    js370 Posts: 140
    Options
    As mentioned above, the best advise is to work on proper form. You really don't want to hurt yourself, especially on squats and deadlifts. Good luck.