The Walking Dead: Season 3 (Spoilers)

Bianca1972
Bianca1972 Posts: 19 Member
So...who's all caught up with Season 3?

I'd love to hear other thoughts on:

Michonne and her bad *kitten* self!

Laurie's big pregnant belly!

Rick going postal and killing some of the inmates at the prison!

Hershel getting bit & Rick chopping his leg off!!

Ahhh!!! We're in for one helluva ride this season folks!

Replies

• AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    I want someone to tell me if I could get into the show, if I don't really know a lot of zombie 'lore'
  • explodingalice
    explodingalice Posts: 158 Member
    I'm really looking forward to seeing more of Michonne. She's a badass.

A bit disturbed by what's happening with Rick, I'd like him to stay a good guy and I'm hoping this new demeanor is a facade that breaks.

The Governor - I could tell something wasn't right about that fella, and I can't wait to see what else he does!

And I swear if anything happens to Glenn, I will have a breakdown.
  • explodingalice
    I want someone to tell me if I could get into the show, if I don't really know a lot of zombie 'lore'

I think you should give it a shot. I LOVE zombie stuff, but I think that they do a good job of explaining what's going on and slowly developing the background of the zombies, theories on how they came about, etc. I definitely don't think you need to understand much more than the basic zombie concept of: zombie bites/scratches you, you die, you become a zombie. There is more to it than that in this show but I don't want to explain that because it would be a spoiler.

The great thing is, if you love zombie stuff this show does not disappoint. However, there is some amazing character development, beautiful filming, crisp dialogue, etc. And plenty of gore.

I personally never read the comics that the show is based on, so there is a lot of lore specific to the source material that I'm sure I'm missing out on, but I don't find it detracts in any way from my experience. I never really feel like there are things going on that only people 'in the know' can understand. Though I will say I'm motivated to pick up the comics now!
  • amydee714
    amydee714 Posts: 232 Member
    Wow! Just wow! Has everyone watched last nights episode yet?

Holy Eff Batman!!

First - I was ok with Laurie going until Rick broke down when he looked at Carl
    Second - NOOOOO! Not T-dog! I loved him!!! GD it!!!

And they need to get out of the governors dodge quick fast. That place is creepsville! Controlling creepy mother effer
  • Cryssy27
    Cryssy27 Posts: 42 Member
    I totally agree with you amydee... That town creeps me out.. I so have a feeling something is going to go wrong there...Last night... Wow I did not see that coming at all... I might have cried at Ricks reaction... Over all loving this season so far!
  • amydee714
    amydee714 Posts: 232 Member
    Yeah, it was Rick's reaction that did me in. My daughter and I watch it together and she was like "Carl is ruined for life" after what he went through, but we were fine until Rick. Then something got in my eye...
  • explodingalice
    I started crying when T-dog got bit and pretty much didn't stop til it was all over. I was already freshly going again because of Maggie's face while she was taking the baby to Rick, but when he lost it, I was a mess again.

And then I started going AGAIN when I watched The Talking Dead after. They replayed the deaths and of they had IronE on as the guest, and he actually got teary-eyed talking about his time on the show.
  • Fnarkk
    Fnarkk Posts: 61 Member
    Ok, I have an odd question... Are Zombies considered 'Green' forms of energy? Why hasn't anyone hooked up a few dozen to conveyer belts (tread mills) and used them to generate power? They don't sleep... they don't have to eat.... they will lunge/ shamble towards anything that is infront of them... perfect! Better than wave-energy or wind-power.
  • MarthaAnn8186
    MarthaAnn8186 Posts: 84 Member
    I think Rick needs a break. What is going to happen with Meryl now that (thank goodness) Daryl is back. Or I think he is back.
    Andrea is still stupid.
  • Love Daryl and Merle, so happy he is back!!!

I wish someone would kill off Andrea already haha
  • MarthaAnn8186
    MarthaAnn8186 Posts: 84 Member
    I missed it last sunday, and looks like I might again this sunday. :( I am going to make every effort to get home by 8, so I can see both episodes!
  • Katt1320
    Katt1320 Posts: 94 Member

I wish someone would kill off Andrea already haha

I KNOW RIGHT! I just finished S3 and my husband and I were just rooting for her to die. She sucks so hard.

It reminds me of how I felt about Kate towards the middle to end of LOST. GAH! :)