W5D1

Options
I came out of a discouraging week 4 even thought of repeating it but pushed on. I ran the 3 half miles at 12 min mile paces!! Fastest ever and walked away feeling GREAT!!!!
Just had to brag a lil lol!!

Replies

• m0mofw4r
    m0mofw4r Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!

I'm about to finish week 3 - kind of intimidated with week 4 so you brag all you want!!! :drinker:
  • xtrout
    xtrout Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Nice job. Next week is week 5 for me. Week 4 has been super challenging to me so I hope it gets better.
  • kmudica
    kmudica Posts: 29
    Options
    Thanks so much! And I have to say- Week 5 gets better! You run longer so you have time to change your stride while running and slow down and speed up depending on how you are feeling. I think when you run shorter intervals you don't have those opportunities so this week has been a nice change.
    The other thing I noticed about week 5 is you body is ready and at this point it is all about getting your breathing regulated and fighting those mental demons that tell you you can't do it.
  • aquariansmb
    aquariansmb Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I just finished W5D2 and I was a little intimidated going into it with having the 8 minutes straight of running. It was easier than I imagined. I am hopeful for W5D3..the 20 minute stretch!
  • kmudica
    Options
    I have been using the distance instead of timed so my two miles is probsbly going to be more like 30 mins lol!
  • kmudica
    Options
    I ran w5d2 today we are on the same schedule! Suweet!