Tattoo's and Weight Loss

Options
So, i was just wondering has anyone lost a lot of weight or any kind of weight and have your Tattoo's changed on your body
(Like stretch out or shrink)
I don't want my Tattoo's to look horrible!!!!!

Replies

• EweCreekCottage
    EweCreekCottage Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I don't know about that but here is something that might help I was reading on a gastric sleeve community at another site that a lotion with keratin and vitamin E during weight loss will help with skin retention or shrinkage - they said to use it every day several times a day and that skin shrinkage stalls just like weight loss does and then it will get a signal and kick back in. I am currently searching for one that contains this- I have found several with vitamin E but none that list keratin.

I have 4 tatts myself
  • booboomagoo
    booboomagoo Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I think it depends a lot on where the tattoos are. I've had 100+ weight difference, and my lower back tattoo looks the same.
  • Highlanderlover
    Options
    Oh i will have to see if i can find that lotion.
    I have around 15 or a little more tattoos! So, i want them to still look good when i lose my weight!
  • wimeezer
    wimeezer Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    If you find that lotion please let me know. I have one tattoo but plan on getting more. I'm getting smallish ones as recognition of my weight loss and plan on a large one when I get to my goal weight.
  • Thesoundofwolf
    Thesoundofwolf Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Just moisturizer it, nothin' fancy. You may have to re-ink them once you get to your target weight, but other then that, they'll just shrinkadkin a little, the colors may be slightly faded depending on the design.
  • admnmtpilot
    admnmtpilot Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I heard the same about the lotions, but I have also heard to make sure you drink you water because it helps with the elasticity of your skin.
  • swagner73
    swagner73 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    This is good info! I was actually wondering how my one would look once I lost weight. It isn't a big tat anyway so if it were to shrink much at all, it would be gone!