Looking to Start

Options
brookef81
brookef81 Posts: 286 Member
Hi!
I have been on MFP for almost a year. I completed Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred and a complete round of Turbo Fire. I am currently mixing all sorts of exercises together from running and mostly Turbo Fire. I am looking for a new workout and I love the idea of the 30 minute workouts a day and I love Jillian. I joined this group to find support and also to find out what others think of the program. I am going to purchase the DVD's at the end of this month and I am hoping to have an early November start.

I would love to hear some opinions on the program, and also some successes!

~Brooke :)

Replies

• gatx
    gatx Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I have loved doing the program and loved this group. Lots and lots of support and really nice people in the same boat as you are.

I just finished work out 6 and move onto workout 7 on Monday, so I am just about halfway through. I did the Kickstart which doubles up on Cardio and has a restrictive meal plan. But it was after an indulgent summer of beer, lobster with butter and fried foods. So I needed a 'kick'. But I lost the majority of the weight I've lost to date doing the kickstart. I am not following Jillian's plan but am trying to reduce my sugar/carb intake and eat clean. Weekends are my cheat times and the reason I am not losing more!

I've lost 8.2 pounds overall (in six weeks) but I also lost a roll of back fat! (ew) But so happy to see those results. Take measurements and take pictures! The scale won't show the changes.

The workouts are good. Fast paced and they build on each other. 30 minutes was the selling point for me. I prefer to try to get mine done in the mornings and I start C25k for extra Cardio (that's my trouble area is Cardio,lazy!)

Good luck! I am sure a group will be starting in early November. Its nice to have others at the same stage you are.