Prone Jackknife - Butt in the air?

Options
jfrankic
jfrankic Posts: 747 Member
All of the prone jackknife videos I have seen online show and specifically say to keep your back flat, do not let your butt go in the air. From what I'm understanding and the pictures in the book, you are supposed to get that booty UP. Is that right? Are there any videos that actually show this technique?

Thanks!!!

Replies

• mermegan
    mermegan Posts: 143
    Options
    Funny, I've noticed this too. I think my back stays flat, although sometimes I lift my booty up. Who knows cause I'm not coordinated enough to look in the mirror at the same time lol. I feel it either way!
  • curlygirly80
    Options
    I noticed the same thing. I just did what the book told me to do. I feel like I felt it more in my lower abs when I did it like the book, but when I did it like the videos I didn't feel it as much.
  • reneelee
    reneelee Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    I do it booty up, i try to become an inch worm.
  • RUNN3Rmom
    RUNN3Rmom Posts: 441
    Options
    I'm booty up too. I find t works more as I try to pull my knees inward to the ball.
  • yeshualovesme
    yeshualovesme Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Booty up - I kind of have to. Good video :D

http://youtu.be/UySShFYfC14
  • deninevi
    deninevi Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    I do them both ways. Here is Lou Schuler's youtube with NROL examples

http://www.youtube.com/user/louminator?feature=results_main
  • BarbellCowgirl
    BarbellCowgirl Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    I think the booty up version is the more advanced version? I couldn't do the booty up version until Stage 4.
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    I'm having a hard time just staying on the ball, I think I'm the most uncoordinated creature on the planet. :grumble:
  • LisaGirlfriend
    LisaGirlfriend Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I started today and was surprised how easy that jackknife was to do. I like it so far! Will do 'B' on Wednesday. ;-)
  • gadenni34
    gadenni34 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I'm having a hard time just staying on the ball, I think I'm the most uncoordinated creature on the planet. :grumble:

I beg to disagree! ;0) I feel like an absolute jack as$ when doing them. I know I look hilarious! yesterday I was having troubles though because of carpal tunnel and tendonitis in one wrist. after doing push ups too I think the pressure on my hand/wrist was too much so I stopped and just did reverse crunches.
  • trimom10
    trimom10 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I saw a suggestion to do this next to a wall so the ball doesn't go all over the place. While I never did it that way, I must say the first week of this was tough. It's going much better now that I'm three weeks into it.
  • PetulantOne
    Options
    I saw a suggestion to do this next to a wall so the ball doesn't go all over the place. While I never did it that way, I must say the first week of this was tough. It's going much better now that I'm three weeks into it.

I'm going to try that. I'm still falling off the first couple reps, until I get my groove down, so to speak.
  • deninevi
    deninevi Posts: 934 Member
    Options

I'm going to try that. I'm still falling off the first couple reps, until I get my groove down, so to speak.

You can also try to put your feet in the TRX loops and try it that way. It gets better with the SB with time.
  • PetulantOne
    Options

I tried this, this morning. It helped a lot! Thank you!
  • shaycat
    shaycat Posts: 980
    Options
    Doing this was my first time ever on a swiss ball. I feel off about 4 times in front of everyone in the gym. Oh well I got back on and did it like the book showed. Pretty sure my booty was way up there.