Are You Drinking enough?

Options
Ever read about the age old way to weight loss is drinking 6-8 (8oz) glasses of water of day?

Well, much like everything from 'olden days', it's a little out of date in things according to weight. 6-8 glasses is the mimium, but what if you weigh more then 130 pounds?

You need more water then that.

People will discourage this saying you're going to 'drink out your nutrients'. WRONG. Your body is larger,a nd has more demand for fuel right now. Espically if you're working out.

So whats the math behind the water intake?

Your body weight / 2 = The number of fluid ounces of water you should drink a day.

So we'll look at my weight.

224lbs. Divided by 2 is roughly 112. Divide that by 8, and that's the number of normal size cups I drink (14 glasses baby).

Need more science proof? Sure!

http://www.watercure.com/faq.html#howmuch

Now, if you're worried about your nutrients (Like me), then here's a trick behind that. Take half your supplements/vitamins in the morning with breakfast, and then take the other half with dinner. It allows you to actually use them in your body as intended, but as well as makes it less hard on your (liver/other organs) as it processes them.

It's hard, not going to lie. Some days, I just can't meet that 14, but then, other days, I do like 20 because of the workouts. But I notice my weight dropping like mad bombs when Is started to drink based on my weight.

Replies

• mightdomightnot
    mightdomightnot Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    thanks for posting this...it's interesting stuff...I definitely need to up my water intake :)
  • EweCreekCottage
    EweCreekCottage Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Wow that would be 21.5 glasses of water. That ain't happening I'd have to have a catheter lol
  • KayeArlana
    KayeArlana Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    At 23 glasses of water a day I wouldn't have to worry about exercising with all the running back and forth to the bathroom :) I'm lucky to get to 8 each day but it could make for an interesting goal to try for. Thanks for posting!