Weekend and Storm Sandy

Options
Moe4572
Moe4572 Posts: 1,430 Member
Just curious what everyone is up to for the weekend? I have a quiet night tonight as my bf wants dinner with just kids/dad and since he never gets that, I get why he wants it. Then tomorrow I take my nieces to gymnastics, then have a Halloween party. Then Sunday we have to get our beach cottage ready for Sandy--we lost the entire first floor from Hurrican Irene, and it took until August to remodel and renovate the whole floor, so very nervous to see what Sandy will do--ugh!!! The cottage is RIGHT on the water (LI Sound) so in Irene the stone walls we had to break the water all blew in and broke, now we have cement walls, so hopefully they will be a bit stronger and more protective........

All on the East Coast---BE SAFE!!!!

Replies

• AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    I'm off work for 4 days, starting with a house warming party tonight!!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

I dont feel well :cry: But I dont care, I'm just going to get wasted!!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Have fun peeps!! :flowerforyou:
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Pretty slow weekend planned. I'm meeting friends for Happy Hour after work. Tomorrow, groceries, make something to take to a Halloween party and then in the evening going to one. Sunday, FOOTBALL (like every other Sunday). So, something in the crock pot for dinner and a bunch of laziness...
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    Tonight is a friends 21st birthday which I will be DDing.

Tomorrow morning I have an 80's race (woohoo!)

Tomorrow evening I'm hitting up and open mic comedy night, and then I'm going to be a guest on a comedy podcast.

Sunday I volunteer and then I'm going to a shooting range with a friend.

I don't know when I'm going to sleep.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    friends coming over tonight

Saturday: 7:30am 9 mile run followed by flag football (hopefully only spectating) followed by jello shot making. Have a halloween party that night.

Sunday: recovery
  • Jennifer2387
    Jennifer2387 Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    My boy has a football game Saturday and then hockey practice after that .. so I will be doing that and then catching up on my taped shows from during the week. Sunday is going to be spent with my family and football. Yay! I am in New York so we will see what Sandy has for us .. probably not much this far inland.
  • dbrightwell1270
    dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member
    Options
    I'm not exactly sure what I'm doing but I don't want to sit at home. I'll probably go to the bars and stare at the women dressed half naked as a sexy something or other. Halloween is good for that. I'm also going to lift weights and use the elliptical tonight and probably run on Sunday.

I hope OP's home weathers the storm too.
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    Somehow I managed to miss the weather report everysingle day til yesterday morning show I didn't even know about Sandy til she decided to share her wealth and pour buckets on us... I will be home all weekend with the kiddos watching movies and doing my sons bat project for school. MR. NG is gonna come over tonight and tomorrow after the kids are asleep and watch Movies and maybe some "extracurricular activites " shall occur....(thats what all the adults call it in my house when kids are around lol
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    I dont feel well :cry: But I dont care, I'm just going to get wasted!!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

That usually helps to feel better. ;)

I have a fight tomorrow - just a small local thing, my first fight outside of my own gym. Girl said she would come watch but I have decided I am not inviting anyone other than training partners. Worrying how I look is not what I want to be focusing on. :)

Sunday going up to Tahoe to look for a place to rent for the season, bringing said girl with me.

Have fun everyone!
  • jenbit
    Options

That usually helps to feel better. ;)

I have a fight tomorrow - just a small local thing, my first fight outside of my own gym. Girl said she would come watch but I have decided I am not inviting anyone other than training partners. Worrying how I look is not what I want to be focusing on. :)

Sunday going up to Tahoe to look for a place to rent for the season, bringing said girl with me.

Have fun everyone!

Just dont drink beer. I will make you feel worse when your sick. Bust out the old spanish tradition. If your sick take shots of 151 and you wont feel sick anymore (of course if you do it right you wont feel your toes either ):drinker:
  • SweetBasil35
    SweetBasil35 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I have another blind date tonight. I'm a nervous wreck as my very first blind date (last night) didn't go well. I hardly recognized him as he is now (conservatively) 100lbs MORE than his pictures indicated. He had the nerve to ask me if he looked like his pictures... well, yeah you do - except you marked yourself as "athletic" and your pictures are of some other skinny man.:grumble:

Wish me luck? :drinker:
  • SweetBasil35
    Options
    For the record... I am NOT exaggerating when I say 100lbs. End rant.
  • poncho33
    poncho33 Posts: 1,511
    Options
    Well I'm going to pull the lawn tractor out and bag up my leafs for the 3rd time in 3 weeks... and by "my leafs" I mean my lazy *kitten* neighbors who seem to be content with letting them blow down to my yard. Along with this I will consume a lot of beer and probably be dressed like an arctic researcher as it snowed yesterday and is Eskimo balls cold outside!!

On Monday I'm suppose to meet up with blahhh date for happy hour and I'm currently in the process of figuring out a nice way to get out of it.
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    Flew to Maryland this morning for a Zombie run tomorrow with some MFP friends.
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options

You're still sick!? Oh no, you need to get better soon! :flowerforyou:
  • dbrightwell1270
    Options
    Well I'm going to pull the lawn tractor out and bag up my leafs for the 3rd time in 3 weeks... and by "my leafs" I mean my lazy *kitten* neighbors who seem to be content with letting them blow down to my yard. Along with this I will consume a lot of beer and probably be dressed like an arctic researcher as it snowed yesterday and is Eskimo balls cold outside!!

On Monday I'm suppose to meet up with blahhh date for happy hour and I'm currently in the process of figuring out a nice way to get out of it.

I filled up 5 bags of leaves on Sunday night. By Monday morning, you couldn't tell I even raked. I repeated again on Wednesday with 6 more bags. It rained here last night and the wind has been gusting all day. I imagine I'll need to rake again tonight. There shouldn't be too many leaves left on my tree. It will only be leaves from my neighbor from now on. It's a pair of 85 year old twin sisters so I can't really call them lazy *kitten* even though I'll still be out there raking their leaves.
  • dbrightwell1270
    Options

If it's a head cold, drink sambuka. the first two shots will clean out your sinuses. The next few shots will just burn up and bore out the sinus cavity.
  • Moe4572
    Moe4572 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options

That sucks---been there, though was more like 50 lbs he had gained -- and 10 years from the pic :)

HOpefullly, tonight goes MUCH better-good luck!
  • jenbit
    Options

I filled up 5 bags of leaves on Sunday night. By Monday morning, you couldn't tell I even raked. I repeated again on Wednesday with 6 more bags. It rained here last night and the wind has been gusting all day. I imagine I'll need to rake again tonight. There shouldn't be too many leaves left on my tree. It will only be leaves from my neighbor from now on. It's a pair of 85 year old twin sisters so I can't really call them lazy *kitten* even though I'll still be out there raking their leaves.

Atleast you have seasons... There is no such thing as fall in south florida. We have hot humid and rainy or hot humid and sunny. Though they did say we may get a cold front next week which will bring us into the 60's YAAAAAY I'll be able to turn my AC off then and open a window
  • poncho33
    poncho33 Posts: 1,511
    Options

My trees are naked.... the old lady that lives next to me got her 80 year old *kitten* out there and got her yard done... it's the 3 losers on the other side of her that don't get their stuff done. I talked to my nieghbor and next year I'm going to install a snow fence down the far side of her yard until it snows enough to pin the leaves down in their yards. Only counting my yard there is usually about 80 bags of mulched leaves... I'm currently at 110 and figure I'll have about 20 more after this next round... **** adds up!!
  • SweetBasil35
    Options

That sucks---been there, though was more like 50 lbs he had gained -- and 10 years from the pic :)

HOpefullly, tonight goes MUCH better-good luck!

Thanks honey... and I'll be crossing my fingers that this storm takes it easy on you!