Weekend and Storm Sandy

Options
2»

Replies

• dbrightwell1270
    dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member
    Options
    Well I'm going to pull the lawn tractor out and bag up my leafs for the 3rd time in 3 weeks... and by "my leafs" I mean my lazy *kitten* neighbors who seem to be content with letting them blow down to my yard. Along with this I will consume a lot of beer and probably be dressed like an arctic researcher as it snowed yesterday and is Eskimo balls cold outside!!

On Monday I'm suppose to meet up with blahhh date for happy hour and I'm currently in the process of figuring out a nice way to get out of it.

I filled up 5 bags of leaves on Sunday night. By Monday morning, you couldn't tell I even raked. I repeated again on Wednesday with 6 more bags. It rained here last night and the wind has been gusting all day. I imagine I'll need to rake again tonight. There shouldn't be too many leaves left on my tree. It will only be leaves from my neighbor from now on. It's a pair of 85 year old twin sisters so I can't really call them lazy *kitten* even though I'll still be out there raking their leaves.

My trees are naked.... the old lady that lives next to me got her 80 year old *kitten* out there and got her yard done... it's the 3 losers on the other side of her that don't get their stuff done. I talked to my nieghbor and next year I'm going to install a snow fence down the far side of her yard until it snows enough to pin the leaves down in their yards. Only counting my yard there is usually about 80 bags of mulched leaves... I'm currently at 110 and figure I'll have about 20 more after this next round... **** adds up!!

I know it sucks. I grew up on a 2-acre yard with God knows how many trees. I mowed the yard for about an hour every night of the week during the spring and summer and raked for about three hours every night in mid October and early November. When I bought my place the key selling point was that it was half a duplex with one tree and a very small yard. That tree still has too many leaves and it always seems like I am doing something in the yard.
  • poncho33
    poncho33 Posts: 1,511
    Options
    Well I'm going to pull the lawn tractor out and bag up my leafs for the 3rd time in 3 weeks... and by "my leafs" I mean my lazy *kitten* neighbors who seem to be content with letting them blow down to my yard. Along with this I will consume a lot of beer and probably be dressed like an arctic researcher as it snowed yesterday and is Eskimo balls cold outside!!

On Monday I'm suppose to meet up with blahhh date for happy hour and I'm currently in the process of figuring out a nice way to get out of it.

I filled up 5 bags of leaves on Sunday night. By Monday morning, you couldn't tell I even raked. I repeated again on Wednesday with 6 more bags. It rained here last night and the wind has been gusting all day. I imagine I'll need to rake again tonight. There shouldn't be too many leaves left on my tree. It will only be leaves from my neighbor from now on. It's a pair of 85 year old twin sisters so I can't really call them lazy *kitten* even though I'll still be out there raking their leaves.

My trees are naked.... the old lady that lives next to me got her 80 year old *kitten* out there and got her yard done... it's the 3 losers on the other side of her that don't get their stuff done. I talked to my nieghbor and next year I'm going to install a snow fence down the far side of her yard until it snows enough to pin the leaves down in their yards. Only counting my yard there is usually about 80 bags of mulched leaves... I'm currently at 110 and figure I'll have about 20 more after this next round... **** adds up!!

I know it sucks. I grew up on a 2-acre yard with God knows how many trees. I mowed the yard for about an hour every night of the week during the spring and summer and raked for about three hours every night in mid October and early November. When I bought my place the key selling point was that it was half a duplex with one tree and a very small yard. That tree still has too many leaves and it always seems like I am doing something in the yard.

I think I could have a reality show called "nieghborhoor wars," everyday is a battle with the clowns that live around me. I have an acre now with two large oaks and a maple. the nieghbor behind my house was nice enough to line my fence with pines... so I get to deal with all that too.
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    Have a date on Sunday. Was supposed to have a date tonight, and a date last night but had to reschedule both. Decorate for Halloween, and get ready for the next week.

To all you on the EC - stay safe from Sandy!
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    Since I work nights and weekends just more of the same. I do have a potluck @ work. Bringing a Oreo cheesecake I baked. People on the EC stay safe!
  • SherryR1971
    SherryR1971 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    I'm moving this weekend...looks like we might be dry for the morning, so that is good!! Have a good weekend!!
  • oualum26
    oualum26 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Don't want anyone to be jealous but I get to work all weekend. And not just at any point during the weekend, weekend nights. Oh well. Work keeps me away from the bar, which keeps me away from extra calories. Have a fun weekend all! And have one for me.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    Don't want anyone to be jealous but I get to work all weekend. And not just at any point during the weekend, weekend nights. Oh well. Work keeps me away from the bar, which keeps me away from extra calories. Have a fun weekend all! And have one for me.

Me too! I am at work right now. 2 more hours and I'm free!
  • oualum26
    oualum26 Posts: 128 Member
    Options

Me too! I am at work right now. 2 more hours and I'm free!

I work 5 pm till 2 am. Friday Saturday and sunday
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    For the record... I am NOT exaggerating when I say 100lbs. End rant.

Yikes! I hope you told him the truth and that he shouldnt lie just to get a date.

Hope you have better luck tonight (last night) :flowerforyou:
  • AnnaPixie
    Options
    I dont feel well :cry: But I dont care, I'm just going to get wasted!!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

If it's a head cold, drink sambuka. the first two shots will clean out your sinuses. The next few shots will just burn up and bore out the sinus cavity.

I looooooooooove sambuca!! I have a raspberry flavour bottle awaiting my attention............ :heart: :drinker:
  • dbrightwell1270
    dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member
    Options
    I dont feel well :cry: But I dont care, I'm just going to get wasted!!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

If it's a head cold, drink sambuka. the first two shots will clean out your sinuses. The next few shots will just burn up and bore out the sinus cavity.

I looooooooooove sambuca!! I have a raspberry flavour bottle awaiting my attention............ :heart: :drinker:

Sambuca is my favorite. I've never had raspberry flavor though. What is the brand. Hopefully they have it in the U.S.
  • AnnaPixie
    Options
    3393.jpg

:bigsmile: Antica! :bigsmile: