LEAN Circuit

Options
flslp87
flslp87 Posts: 175 Member
Finished my first week of Lean and I don't like it.....I don't like all the push ups (still can't do them on my toes) and not crazy about only shoulder work.....which is what I feel like I am doing....

Anyone else feel this way? Thinking I'd like it if you could just do burn over and over...

Replies

• MichelleRenee13
    MichelleRenee13 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I didn't like the lean circuit in the slightest! I finished last week and was thrilled to get it over with!
  • jyska
    jyska Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    I agree with you both...Hated the Lean Circuit!!! Much prefer Push! :happy: However, each phase has it's own purpose, and I suppose the stuff we like the least is probably the stuff we need to work on the most! :grumble:
  • flslp87
    Options
    You could be right.....I have really weak shoulders....Left one has a rotator repaired and right one gets cranky....
  • MichelleRenee13
    MichelleRenee13 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I agree. All the lateral raises killed me because my shoulders aren't the strongest. Also, balancing....I am not so good at!!
  • MrsT_2009
    MrsT_2009 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I didn't really like it either. I feel like it only focuses on the muscles that can be made visible quickly, light the shoulders, if that makes sense. But...I did it anyway and now I'm working on my second round of the program. I in the 3rd week of Push and not looking forward to moving on to Lean.
  • missdimpley
    Options
    How funny! Lean Circuit is my favorite phase of all. i'M STARTING them in a week after I have my full rest week. I just finished push circuit today!
  • gxm17
    gxm17 Posts: 374
    Options
    I'm on my last week of Push and I'm thinking of extending it to six weeks. I'm still doing push-ups on my knees too, but finally able to get through almost all of them. And my shoulders are definitely a weak point. Yikes. Sounds like I'm not going to like Lean either.
  • flslp87
    Options
    No, it's not fun. I can do 3 pushups the right way and the rest on my knees but those are 'regular' push ups. Not those darn tri-cep push ups......Can anyone do those?
  • gxm17
    Options
    I've been doing yoga for ten years so the triceps push-ups are the ones I do best. They are very similar to the chaturanga pose which is used in vinyasa practices. I have to admit, I could barely do a few when I first started CLX and now I'm almost getting through a set, so I have seen progress. And I don't hate push-ups quite as much as I used to. But I sure hope she has a modifier in the Lean phase.

(flslp87, let me know how you like Revabs. it looks really fun but tough!)
  • gxm17
    Options
    Yikes. I just finished Push today. Not sure whether I should do two more weeks of Push or move on to Lean. I'm a little scared cuz Lean looks hard!
  • chojolitos
    Options
    Lean circuit is challenging!!!
    I don't like push ups:grumble:
    I hope we get some good results after this phase:flowerforyou:
  • Robin1117
    Robin1117 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    Well, today was my last day of Lean --I have one more day of cardio tomorrow and I'm done with my round of ChaLean. I have to say I didn't particularly enjoy the Lean month, but i can see why it was necessary. I had been feeling a little bulky after Push, and I do think I have leaned out a little more after the past month. I have some bagginess in my jeans that I didn't last month. The pushups don't bother me much, I'm pretty good at those. I think it's just going to be nice to give my shoulders a rest--you really hammer them this month! I have to say I love how they look now, but I'm ready for a week off.......

Anyway, the whole thing has been a great experience. Not sure what i"ll do starting Monday but maybe a hybrid w/ChaLean......

Good luck everyone!
  • neon7girl
    neon7girl Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I'm halfway thru push and was thinking today that i could do this forever. I am looking forward to lean though. I have heard others that love it. Triceps push-ups:noway: ...yea, on my knees. Those are killers!
  • flslp87
    Options
    I just finished my 2nd week of LEAN and didn't like it any more this week then I did last week. I'm glad to hear though that others were feeling a bit 'bulky' after the PUSH month. I felt that way too...Hopefully I'll lose some inches....

I think what I"m going to do when I finish is decide which exercises I like and what I want to work on and keep those exercises going....make my own hybrid so to speak...
  • justjen0117
    Options
    I'm halfway thru push and was thinking today that i could do this forever. I am looking forward to lean though. I have heard others that love it. Triceps push-ups:noway: ...yea, on my knees. Those are killers!

I absolutely LOVE the Push phase. It's my favorite so far....ya'll are making me nervous with the Lean phase talk! :ohwell:

Question for others: are you taking a week off after each phase?
  • flslp87
    Options
    I didn't take any time off but I also didn't do the cardio portions of the CLX. I did either a turbofire or a turbojam or treadmill or step....
  • Alioops831
    Alioops831 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I don't take a week off between phases.

I'm going into my last week of Push and I'm excited for something new. I previewed LEAN and the first thing I noticed was the people were different and they were all in metallic gold. I'm kinda scared of the LEAN phase now that I've read all of these posts! :)
  • Robin1117
    Robin1117 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    I don't take a week off between phases.

I'm going into my last week of Push and I'm excited for something new. I previewed LEAN and the first thing I noticed was the people were different and they were all in metallic gold. I'm kinda scared of the LEAN phase now that I've read all of these posts! :)

don't worry--nothing to be afraid of! Except maybe the metallic gold outfits! Just kidding.... it's not that they are too hard, or impossible, I just find they just aren't as fun because some of the compound exercises take some getting used to, you really have to focus sometimes to make sure you are balanced and performing the exercise correctly, and maybe I'm a little clumsier with some of it. You'll do fine though! I was a little thrown off by the new people in Lean at first though--I had become so used to Janelle and Toni and Skip, and they are so inspirational.....it took me a few weeks to get used to the new people, but they are ok.

oh, and no I don't take a week off between phases....I would never take a week off in any program, although maybe do more yoga and stretching instead of lifting. I'm still confused by this last "burn it off/recharge" day for the last day of the schedule...I just don't know what it accomplishes before your "photo" day, and it's redundant because you would have just done this workout 2 days prior..... Kind of weird. I'm going to skip it this time because I want to try an Insanity workout on Monday--- I have a brand new box itching to be opened.....that'll do, considering it's also cardio......
  • Larisonlj
    Larisonlj Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    First day of Lean phase and I LOVE IT!! I love the combo moves.
    I was really curious if I would like it or tolerate it after some of the posts.
    I did not take off any time between phases, just continued my days straight through.
  • flslp87
    Options
    OK, I really don't like the LEAN phase and think I'm ready to move on to another program BUT today I noticed something. When I look in the mirror at my arms I don't really see any differences in them BUT when I look down at my arms I can actually see my delts starting to form a bit.....and when I feel my right one you can feel the indention below my delt.....Now my left arm is not as defined.....

so no, not crazy about it but this part I do like....not sure I can see the advantages in my core yet though...