Sweeteners

Options
gwicks54
gwicks54 Posts: 201 Member
Is there a sweetener that is carb free. Most of the ones I use have some even though their servings say 0. I haven't been able to kick my love of sweet coffee or hot tea and find I am getting too many carbs in them. I would rather be able to eat those carbs.

Replies

• NU2U
    NU2U Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I use liquid sweetener..no carbs. The powdered (granulated) sweeteners usually have a gram or 2 per pack.
  • crossroad2012
    crossroad2012 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    In coffee I love the Davinci sugar free liquid sweeteners. I like the vanilla the best, but they also have caramel, hazelnut, raspberry and a few others...enjoy!
  • LauraDotts
    LauraDotts Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Even though I have a very low carb diet I do not count the carbs in artificial sweeteners.
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    I've given up sweetening my coffee, but if I absolutely couldn't live without it sweet, I would still choose raw honey and live with the carbs. Of course since I'm used to it not being sweet now, a quarter teaspoon is plenty. Low carb is VERY important to me and I usually stay under 30 net carbs, but I refuse to use anything artificial.

Some people apparently like stevia so that might be worth a try (I'd be concerned about the brand and how it's processed).
  • gwicks54
    Options
    I use liquid sweetener..no carbs. The powdered (granulated) sweeteners usually have a gram or 2 per pack.
    I am not familiar with the liquid, what brand do you use?]
  • gwicks54
    Options
    In coffee I love the Davinci sugar free liquid sweeteners. I like the vanilla the best, but they also have caramel, hazelnut, raspberry and a few others...enjoy!

I need to try those.
  • gwicks54
    Options
    Even though I have a very low carb diet I do not count the carbs in artificial sweeteners.

I wasn't counting them but then I got concerned that I may be getting way more than I realized. When I started looking, I was surprised to see how many they have. I have been losing a pound and a half a week so I am not concerned about the weight loss. I don't like that they are artificial but I don't like Stevia and didn't know if there were other options out there.
  • gwicks54
    Options
    I've given up sweetening my coffee, but if I absolutely couldn't live without it sweet, I would still choose raw honey and live with the carbs. Of course since I'm used to it not being sweet now, a quarter teaspoon is plenty. Low carb is VERY important to me and I usually stay under 30 net carbs, but I refuse to use anything artificial.

Some people apparently like stevia so that might be worth a try (I'd be concerned about the brand and how it's processed).

I am afraid I would use so much honey (279 carbs in a cup) I would be way off. Thanks for your input & I will work on getting off the sweeteners.