ktno1 Posts: 297 Member
Monday: Workout 5
Tuesday: Workout 6
Wednesday: Cardio 2
Thursday: Workout 5
Friday: Workout 6
Saturday: Cardio 2
Sunday: Rest

So I just did workout 5 for the first time and I am DYING. According to my HRM I burned 320 calories and I was NOT keeping up. Had to take quite a few mini-breaks throughout this workout. I hope to master it by the end of next week.

What's everybody up to? Are we all still keeping up? We can do it ladies! :)

Replies

• 3under2
    3under2 Posts: 133
    Options
    Today's workout was a real challenge for sure. I kept up okay but could really feel it. I ended up burning 375 according to my HRM. I did my usual heavy lifting routine at the gym afterwards. Excited to try workout 6 tomorrow!
  • katellanova
    katellanova Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Omegerd. I might have trouble moving tomorrow.
  • ktno1
    Options

Today (day after workout 5) my triceps are CRYING and the rest of my body isn't far off it!
  • katellanova
    Options

Today (day after workout 5) my triceps are CRYING and the rest of my body isn't far off it!

You must live in the future! Thanks for letting me know what I am in for!
  • ktno1
    Options

You must live in the future! Thanks for letting me know what I am in for!

Haha yes Australia is otherwise known as the future! :P

Also reached a casual 177bpm during workout 6. Be afraid.
  • tigerg1
    tigerg1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I started phase 2 a day early. So today was cardio 2. Not much fun. Liked it better than cardio 1
  • ktno1
    Options
    I found cardio 2 to be much more fun than cardio 1, probably because the intervals are 30 seconds instead of 1 minute. But it was also MUCH harder. I feel dead LOL
  • tigerg1
    Options
    agreed it is much harder. yesterday at work was not fun.
  • ktno1
    Options
    agreed it is much harder. yesterday at work was not fun.

I am dreading waking up tomorrow. I predict I will be in serious pain.
  • SciRice
    SciRice Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies...I just want to echo what has been said. WTH is up with the super sets...my shoulders and triceps were killing me. I too like Cardio 2 much more than Cardio 1...likely due to the 30 sec intervals. Also, like ktno1 I got up to 177bpm during workout 6..I was totally shocked. However I like workout 6 over workout 5...we'll see if this holds true now that it'll be the second time around for the workouts.

On another note, I'm still not seeing crazy weight loss but the inches continue to be lost. Overall I like where I am as far as how my clothes look and my improved strength. I can do push-up now...LOL.

Lets continue to stay motivated...we can do this!!
  • tigerg1
    Options
    I have not lost any weight. But can tell I'm re shaping. Chest and arms are getting bigger.And clothes are not as tight.
  • ktno1
    Options
    Not sure how everyone is doing but I've fallen off the wagon a little bit. Was ok until Friday when I skipped workout 6 and I did nothing on Saturday either. So the plan is to do workout 6 today (Sunday) and then not have a rest day next week in order to catch up.

I'm mad at myself but at the same time I'm not going to let this one slip-up ruin everything. I'm determined to keep going!
  • ktno1
    Options
    Well workout 6 was just as hard the second time. I felt good and strong for the first 2 circuits though and pushed much harder in them than I did on Tuesday. During the third circuit my energy crashed though, I had to take a minute's break instead of doing running man. But I still made myself finish the workout and burned 334 calories so that's not too shabby.

Bring on cardio 2!
  • SciRice
    SciRice Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Stay motivated ktno1...you got this! I love Workout 6...I think Im actually going to miss it when we move on. I've been burning 400 or more calories now doing the workouts. I thinks its due to my muscles burning more because of the workouts building them up. I didnt make it this far last time but I love it! I cant do all the push-ups with a side plank..I do the first 5 as instructed then have to switch to the modified push-up & side plank for the remainder. All in all its starting to be fun...I plan on taking the DVDs with me on my cruise vacay next week (I'm leaving right when we switch to wrkts 7 & 8)!

Keep up the good work ladies!
  • katellanova
    Options
    Those lateral raises with situps.. she wants us to use heavy weights?? I cant manage anything more than 3 pounds.
  • ktno1
    Options
    Stay motivated ktno1...you got this!

Thanks, I might even do two workouts today to catch up. I'm feeling extra motivated! :)

And katellanova...I find the situp part really easy and it's barely doing anything for my abs but when I have to put the weights back over my head it KILLS my arms. I can do it with 3kg (~6.5lbs) weights but not as fast as them and not as many reps.
  • Jovan0609
    Jovan0609 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    So...as you girls know, I'm a week behind. I did workout 5 this morning and man...I was wheezing, but I made it through. :happy: I burned 330 calories which is amazing for a 35 minute workout. I can't believe how much stronger I've gotten...I remember doing modified push-ups the first week and today I'm doing real push-ups with a side plank!! :noway:

Stay encouraged ladies...we've got this! Despite what the scales say, you're getting stronger and building muscles.

By the way, Groupon had/has a great deal on Shaun T's Rockin Body workouts AND Turbo Fire. I've ordered both. I think I'm going to wait to start Turbo Fire until I'm finished with Body Revolution, but I think adding Shaun T as my cardio will mix things up and make it really fun. I should be starting that with workouts 7 & 8.

Hang in there ladies!! :bigsmile: We deal with boyfriends, husbands, kids, parents, friends, work, and school....Jillian should be a piece of cake...right?!! :laugh: