End of year goal

kelgalon
kelgalon Posts: 31 Member
My PT asked me on Friday to come up with some end of the year goals for my training. I actually have never thought to come up with an end goal for lifting. All my other activities like running and cycling I have goals for, but never lifting. So I was wondering what some of your goals are?

Replies

• suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Good question. My goal this year has been to get fit, gain muscle, maintain the weight loss but not worry about losing weight right now. My short term goal is to do NROL4W and get strong. My long term goal, after I've finished the program, is to continue with a lifting program (undecided as yet) and to cut to loose weight. I just started Stage 2 so I have a little while before I have to think about what my next program will be. I keep thinking I should lose 20-30 pounds but I am not holding hard and fast to that.

FWIW, I just started working with a trainer at my gym. He's very fit, and promotes heavy lifting for women and men and is a TRX trainer. But I love my weights, so I will maybe do New Rules for Abs or maybe Strong Lifts.
  • gadenni34
    gadenni34 Posts: 294 Member
    Aside from just reaping the benefits of lifting, and learning what those will be for me as I go along, I want to be able to squat at least half my body weight. and that is about as far as I have gotten with goals. I just want to see what happens as it does. my goals are more about how often and how hard I go if that makes sense.
  • jenniet04
    jenniet04 Posts: 1,054 Member
    I don't know if I'll make these goals by year end, but mine are

1. to squat my body weight
    2. deadlift 200 lbs
    3. do a pull up
  • kelgalon
    kelgalon Posts: 31 Member
    3. do a pull up

I love this one! I might borrow it, although I doubt it would happen by the end of this year. Maybe next year...
  • karensoxfan
    karensoxfan Posts: 902 Member
    I already met one goal for the end of this year - to do a full pushup (no knees, no elevation) on the floor, and I did it for the first time at the end of September. :happy:

For 2013, my goals are:

1. 20 pushups (as in "drop & give me 20!")
    2. 1 chinup or pullup without assistance.
    3. Squat my body weight (currently 184, but hopefully closer to 150 by Dec. '13).
  • CanGirl40
    CanGirl40 Posts: 379 Member
    1. To complete all stages of NROLFW (started in August)
    2. To find another program to do after! :)
    3. I like the pull up idea....:happy:
    4. To wear a tight red dress to the Christmas party and not feel self conscious about my tummy!