Welcome!

Options
jmeyer925
jmeyer925 Posts: 326 Member
Hello everyone!

Just wanted to say thanks for joining!

Official weigh in won't start until Thursday, but I think if you've joined you should take a couple of days to really think about reasonable goals for just one month :smile:

Please message me if you have any questions!

I'll try to also post other things in here!

Replies

• crowunruh
    crowunruh Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this group! I need something to help me stay focused through the holiday :)
  • Cathyes24
    Cathyes24 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'm In :-)

Thanks for Setting up this Group!
  • Jaccyber
    Jaccyber Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I am in :)
    My goal will be to go from a 38.75 waist to 38.25.
    Bring it on!!!
  • ledard
    ledard Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    lol is it a month to thanks giving? I dont know but I am in
  • ledard
    ledard Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    ok its 23 days away from today just so everyone knows
  • HalloweenGirl7
    HalloweenGirl7 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Thanks for creating the group!
    I really need something to motivate me and hold me accountable with all this Halloween candy around and all this baking I am doing for the Fall Season!
    Looking forward to Day 1 on Thursday!
    Starting my exercise today though.
    One thing a day: whether it's a 1 mile, 2-3 mile DVD or toning/weights it has to be something!
    Let's do this !!!
  • jmeyer925
    Options
    You're all welcome for me starting this!

I liked the idea of this group, since I looked at the other groups and a lot of them had already started, and other ones had a goal already set for everyone.

I wanted to give everyone the chance to set whatever they felt they could do in that time frame.

My hope is that I can post a "challenge" every week. Just something simple, that I think everyone should look into doing! I'm thinking:

Starting of:

1st Thursday: Push for at LEAST 8 cups of water!

2nd Thursday: Try at least one new exercise sometime this week, and record 15 minutes more activity EACH day (even something light like cleaning or walking)

3rd Thursday: Look into your Thanksgiving calories, and try and plan some substitues while still enjoying past favorites (responsibly)

4th Thursday: (which I know is thanksgiving, so I know not a lot of people wont be on) But say what you're most grateful for, and what's your goal for the next month.
  • chowteach
    Options
    This is a great motivator! Not only will Thanksgiving be at my place, but a family reunion for both sides since it also my parents' 50th anniversary. Stress & people around make me want to snack!! I'm glad to have some company & work on my health goals to stay motivated. 5 pounds by thanksgiving.
  • ashleymarie892
    ashleymarie892 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I am in! :bigsmile: This group is perfect for me! This time last year, Thanksgiving 2011 I reach my goal weight but unfortunately months passed and I gained it all back! :cry: I have been struggling to get back on track for awhile now! And November 1 will be my day of change! I can not wait to get started!
  • Cathyes24
    Options
    I'm So Excited for this Challenge :-)

My Thanksgiving Goal is to Lose 5lbs!!!!

And Workout at Least 5 Days A Week....

Good Luck Everyone!
  • mamig0tskillz
    Options
    My goal is to lose 18 lbs! :) 20 will be great! GYM! 6 X A WEEK :-)
    So far 2 lbs down i had lost a total of 19lbs +20 i will be extra happy lol :)
  • jmeyer925
    Options
    My goal is to lose 18 lbs! :) 20 will be great! GYM! 6 X A WEEK :-)
    So far 2 lbs down i had lost a total of 19lbs +20 i will be extra happy lol :)

You may want to re-evaluate your goals for this month. 20 is VERY high. If you can get there that's great, but it won't be too likely =/
  • mamig0tskillz
    Options
    okay ill cut in half 10lbs!! it is :) 20 will be fantastic thou lol
  • Cathyes24
    Options
    My Goals for This Challenge:

Starting Weight: 187.1lbs
    Challenge Goal Wt: 180.0lbs

Walk 25 Miles
    Lose 7lbs (I know it's a lil high but will try my best :-)

Think those are Managable

Let's Do This!!!!?
  • missmacsays
    missmacsays Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    I'm so in! This is perfect :] I didn't see this group had begun until I got into work tonight, so I shall do the weigh in tomorrow and I'll set my goal off of that to see where I'm at! I'm going to be different (even though I love weekly weigh-ins) and not do it until the last day after I do it tomorrow! Only because my NSV is to not drink alcohol for the entire month. Sob-vember!!!! And my overall goal is to be under 200lbs. As of the last time I weighed in, I was about 6lbs off. If I'm at least still there, this shouldnt' be too hard to accomplish by Thanksgiving!
  • VictoriaLandis
    VictoriaLandis Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    What a wonderful thing, and just the motivation I need to get back on track for the holiday. I am starting tomorrow morning. Will post my CW then.