question

Options
qtrhrse1
qtrhrse1 Posts: 19 Member
I figured out my tdee and bmr but activity level I still am not sure. I am a nurse I work three 12 hrs a week when I wear my fitibit it usually says about 1400 calories. then on my off days I am working out atleast two of those days off for an hour doing cardio or les mills body pump. Do i go with moderate activity and then on days working if I go over 500 calories add those to meals for day or do I got with strenous activity? Just dont know all I know is i was going with my 1200 a day ading my workout and a little on my days when I worked and the weight loss stopped. So I am going to try this. Please any advice would be great!!!

Replies

• KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    You say you have a fitbit - do you wear it at all times and do you log your exercise on it too? If so then you can get a good idea of your TDEE from there. Just look at your total calorie burns over the last week / fortnight / month (depending how much data you have - the more the better) and get an average.

For example add up all your total calorie burns for the last 7 days then divide by 7. This will give your average TDEE. The weekly fitbit reports that are emailed through will also tell you your total burn for the last 7 days.

As far as eating is concerned, once you know your TDEE it is recommended you take a 15% cut from your TDEE and eat that every day. Some days when you've done more exercise than usual you may be netting under your BMR so you would need to eat a bit extra on these occasions to make sure you at least NET your BMR every day.

Good luck to you.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    You say you have a fitbit - do you wear it at all times and do you log your exercise on it too? If so then you can get a good idea of your TDEE from there. Just look at your total calorie burns over the last week / fortnight / month (depending how much data you have - the more the better) and get an average.

For example add up all your total calorie burns for the last 7 days then divide by 7. This will give your average TDEE. The weekly fitbit reports that are emailed through will also tell you your total burn for the last 7 days.

As far as eating is concerned, once you know your TDEE it is recommended you take a 15% cut from your TDEE and eat that every day. Some days when you've done more exercise than usual you may be netting under your BMR so you would need to eat a bit extra on these occasions to make sure you at least NET your BMR every day.

Good luck to you.

^this or I just look at what my TDEE was from Fitbit the day before and take my % off that to eat today. Same thing really though.