Who wants to do 30 Day Shred (Jillian Michaels) w me?

Janelle173
Janelle173 Posts: 396 Member
So, a few of us on here have mentioned becoming Shred heads while doing 17 dd.

I bought the DVD again since mine is MIA...I heard they're all on youtube for free...but it was only 10$ and i like having the DVD.

I also got a thick exercise mat.

Who wants to do this with me? Anyone?? :)

-janelle

Replies

• Laurhop
    Laurhop Posts: 35 Member
    Hmmm.... that's a good question!!!

I know I need to start exercising again but am I really ready for it? Well @ this point I can't see myself doing it every day but I'll aim for a couple days/week...I think :wink:

I do need the accountability FOR SURE!!! So when do we start?

Who else will join us? (I've seen lots of before & after pics on here & the results are unbelievable!)

~Laurie
  • Janelle173
    I say we start either Tuesday (which for me means later today) or Wednesday? Given I still have power...

I have class ALL day later today until evening and don't get home til around after 9 pm...However, I can make excuses every day about why I can;t do it...lol.

So, I am going to attempt starting Tuesday, but at the latest, Wed. :) Wed is my day off from school and my internship...I just have my baby all day with me, so i love my time with him. He will get to be momma's lil work out buddy. lol.

When do you want to start?
  • Laurhop
    Ok...I just finished my 1st workout!!! Whew...it's been a LONG time coming! :laugh: It felt good...tough but not as bad as I remembered it to be.

Let me know how you like it. Glad u have a little workout partner. :happy:
  • Janelle173
    yay you!!!!! THAT IS AWESOME THAT YOU STARTED TODAY!!

As far as my lil work out buddy, he is 8 months old...so it will be more like i have to keep an eye on where he is rolling to. lol.

But, my bf will probably be able to watch him while i do my work out tonight :)

I am going to start tonight, :)

I need to find my 2 lb weights...i think i know where my 3 lbs ones are...

Will check back tonight!! Hope you feel great today after your work out!! :)

-j
  • mastone99
    mastone99 Posts: 20 Member
    Y'all started today? Darn. I guess I should do it, too. Let me take a nap and think about it. :-)

Seriously. I was reading the book and it was saying something about not doing strenuous exercise because we will probably have really low energy because of the 17DD meal plan. How did you feel after the workout? I've been feeling a little ill, too. Anybody else having this issue?
  • Laurhop
    Oh yes... I do remember reading about not doing strenuous & I know I've not eaten enough today & I actually had to lay down for a nap...which hardly ever happens!

Hmmm...maybe in Ph 1 it would be better to start out just doing part of the workout or something else that's easier???

I'll be starting Ph 2 on Wed, so it should be ok!
  • Janelle173
    So, day 1/30 complete! i tapped out the last minute and was actively dying during cool down...

thought i was going to puke, so my "cool down" consisted of being in the bathroom.

i don't remember it being THAT hard when i did it a couple years ago (for like 3 days...found out i was pregnant and stopped)...then again i was at least 30-40 lbs lighter back then.

yea, about that restriction on working out... i am thinking of eating a small banana or 1/2 cup of oatmeal before the workout or right after...we shall see. i think that the limited carbs could be the only reason of restricting work outs.

i am going to watch the 17 minute work out dvd and remind myself the intensity level of it.

i also have leslie sansone's 5 really big miles dvd. i like it. but i really want to give the shred a good 30 days. with the eating plan 17 dd, i think it will go well!

-j
  • Laurhop
    YAY for you Janelle!!! Sounds like you really pushed yourself...be careful.

That's probably a good idea to have a 'little' :wink: carbs before your workout! Next time I do it I'm going to make sure I eat over 1200 calories that day because I felt so tired today (normally I've had a lot more energy).

I also have Leslie's dvd ...which might be a good way to break oneself in. ??? Sometimes I would just incorporate some jogging or dance moves...to make it a little more exciting...lol!!!

I'm interested to hear what the 17 min dvd is like.

Oh well...I think sticking as closely to the diet as possible will give AMAZING results & a little exercise (if possible) will be even better. We'll see!!!!

***Mastone99 would be wonderful if you or anyone else can join us!!!
  • Janelle173
    Day 2, level 1 done! Still felt like I was working through dying! lol
  • Laurhop
    AWESOME...good for YOU!!!!

I ended up getting the stomach flu today so I had to pass! I was quite sore today...but that's not a bad thing, hey!

Keep up the good work...it'll pay off & your workouts will get easier & easier in no time. :smile:
  • Janelle173
    ohhhh nooooo!! I hope you feel better!! :( i HATE being ill. Here is to you feeling better ASAP! *CHEERS!*

I wanted to also comment in here that I do know that muscle weighs more and retains water...so, I am nervous about my weight loss not showing up on the scale like I am expecting...So, anyone else following the 17 DD AND 30Day Shred at the same time, don't forget that about muscle...and we gain muscle in the 30 day shred program.

But, I already know I will be on this weight loss journey for quite some time. I have a goal to be at least at 120 or below by April 2013...My 4th anniversary with my boyfriend is then and I am in my best friend's wedding as well.

So, I plan on cycling the first 3 cycles of 17 Day Diet until I am at goal. So, even though I am gaining muscle with 30 Day Shred, hopefully the weight will still come off more during the second round of the 1st cycle...if that makes sense? lol

Muscle does burn calories faster, so it speeds up the metabolism. and it just shapes the body so much better. I did take my measurements Tuesday 10/30 *my start of 30DS* I also took before pics for the 30 DS. I think I am goingt o do measurements every ten days as well as progress pics...I hope to see a difference!

But, I will still weigh in on Saturdays with everyone like originally intended. I just hope to not discourage myself with the numbers or anyone else.

Also, I have been doing the special diet that Dr. Mike has in the book for PMS week. Since TOM is visiting. blah. So, naturally I am retaining a ton of water and feeling bloated.
  • Janelle173
    Day 3, level 1, done! :) Those 3# weights are putting some weight on secretly or something because they are getting heavier! lol
  • Laurhop
    Hey...thanks for that reminder about muscle weighing more!

Janelle...you're really putting your ALL into exercising! GOOD FOR YOU!!! Are you enjoying it more than you thought you would? Well I'm sure you will have EXCELLENT results! :flowerforyou:

I must say that I've never been much into exercising I've really enjoyed getting back @ the 30 Day Shred (only done it 2x so far...lol)! But I'm a little lighter than I was before & I just feel more energetic this time around! :happy:

I really appreciate the support we can give each other!!!! Thanks & I wish everyone continued success!!!!!
  • Janelle173
    I did day 4, level 1 yesterday (friday) and Day 5, level 1 today (saturday)

I feel the onset of a migraine happening...:( so i am going to try and nurse my head back into good health...
  • Janelle173
    (Copied from my post in a jillian michaels 30 day shred challenge board.)

Okay, so, I have done day 7, level 1 to completion. yesterday would have been day 8, but i only had 2 hours of sleep and had no energy. i will do it today though and am looking forward to it. :)

I have taken measurements, and I have lost 4 lbs since starting.

My losses are:
    -.5" at belly button
    -.75" at 2"above belly button (is this considered "waist"??)
    -.75" below love handles.
    -.75" from love handles (considered hips??)
    -.25" around fullest part of butt.
    -1.25" at nipple bust.
    -.25 from neck.
    -1" from left thigh
    -1" from right thigh

lost 1.1% of body fat
    lost .7 on my BMI.

From 10/30-11/7, 7 days of 30 day shred.