I need help with structure

Options
wattssal000
wattssal000 Posts: 62 Member
I am really struggling with binging. I can't have any sweets or basically carbs in my house or I will eat them with binge tendencies. I like to eat so eat, if food is available I eat it and it usually turns into overeating and hating myself. I got to the gym 4-6 days a week and I am tired of the gym not making any difference on my weight because of my binges. I don't want to gym to keep me at an ok weight and just undo the binges I want to be able to see a difference for all my hard work.

I think that I might just have to start eating the same thing every day because I cannot deal with choices. I don't know what I should have for myself though. I was thinking, cottage cheese, apples, veggies and yogurt and just eat those things for a while. I know we should eat a balanced diet but if I give myself any openings for other foods it seems to be a disaster. I just don't know what to do anymore. Should I just eat prepackaged meals every day so I only have a set portion size?

Replies

• ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    I am going a month sugar free...
    (Only bad sugars. I'll still eat fruit and carbs. You can't completely go away from carbs!)

I feel the same way sometimes... this month was hard, but I am getting back up.

How much do you usually eat on a restricting day? 1200? Make sure to set your settings on sedentary and eat back atleast half of your exercise calories, to all of them..

I have thought about that too, if I eat the same boring meals daily maybe I'll stop craving the "bad" foods. But, don't label stuff as good or bad...
    If You think that will help you not binge, good luck... maybe you could just trying cutting out all binge trigger foods.
    The only thing that would make me a bit unsure on the same thing everyday diet....is , what happens when you get bored/sick of it ....and rebell??? There might be a huge binge on all the "forbidden" foods.....BE CAREFUL, is all I can say.
    Diets seem to make binges happen a lot more. I've never met a binger who never dieted.

Also... Not trying to be rude, but... when you say you like to eat. THat doesn't really justify a binge.
    It's like.... someone saying "i love food", You dont love it when you are binging... you dont always taste all of what you eat, it's more shoving down food...not slowly eating and enjoying it.
    Make sure there is not underlying things you are trying to numb or avoid.
    Usually when I go to food, it's to escape.

Good luck! I'm on your friendslist and always here if you need to talk :)