Has anyone tried the "pasta" that's made from white yams?

Options
I bought a package because my gf said it tastes really good, so I'm going to make it with sauteed veggies and a small chicken breast for dinner. Has anyone here tried it?

Replies

• JaceyMarieS
    JaceyMarieS Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I've tried the shirataki noodles made with glucomannan. i'm allergic to soy, so have not tried the tofu shirataki. Miracle Noodle was the specific brand I tried. I usually tend to like "weird" foods, but i did not like these. Even after rinsing very well (they have an unpleasant odor when first opened) and "dry frying" as recommended, they were still rubbery and chewy. I'm very glad I found a bag to try before committing to a full case!
  • Jacquis59
    Options
    That's what I'm afraid of. I keep putting off actually opening and trying these, LOL. Maybe I'll brave it today, or on the weekend, or.....maybe soon, LOL.
  • n8ture2
    n8ture2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    They do have a fishy smell when you first open them.
    Sure, they're not perfect but for zero calories and the fact that they help me feel full is worth it to me. I usually buy out all the ones my local store has every time I go shopping.

I know if I don't put them in my stir-fry then I don't feel as full.

I don't like them nearly as much with pasta sauce but for stir-fry, they are awesome. Never do one without them.